IGNORED

My Swing (CSchnee)

CSchnee
Note: This thread is 4174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 1/2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: High 70s

My typical ball flight is: Draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Big Hook/Push

Some notes: I think that my issue is in my transition. My club seems to get really flat and my hands drop. I think this gets the club stuck behind me and then I don't have room so I stand up at impact (which causes my loss of spine angle and then the flip)

If need I can post some Face on views tomorrow when it's light out. The only ones I have are old and I've made major changes since then.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Videos:

Video links are borked.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry, hard to see much with the lighting and at full speed, but definitely issues with early extension (aka "goat humping") in the downswing. That's what's throwing your club path out to the right and causing the block (when you leave the face open) and hook (when you get it more squared up to the target).

Have a look at Beachcomber's swing thread here at the Sand Trap, because he's been working on some of the same things with some quality in-person instruction.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/54404/my-swing-beachcomber

A quick still from your video to illustrate what I'm talking about. You're just coming into impact here but the right knee has already kicked in, right foot has gone all the way up on the toe, hips have moved cross-laterally (towards the golf ball as well as towards the target) and you've completely lost your posture (what most people call "spine angle"). If we were looking at you from face-on at this point, we would see your head starting to back up, away from the target, in a big way.

Picking a random comparison, notice here how Charl's right heel is still down on the ground through impact and how he hasn't "stood up" yet. If we'd drawn a line down from his butt to the ground at address, he'd still be up against that line at this point.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!