IGNORED

Butler National Members Vote To Keep Women Out

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If there was a mens golf club near me that I could afford, I'd join it in a second.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If they want to keep the club all male that is certainly their perogative.  BUT more than one all male club has been sued for discrimination if the exclusion can be shown to be detrimental to a woman's business or career.  For that reason "business" may be strictly forbidden on club grounds (believe I read that Augusta National was that way - but that was years ago) to avoid the beach head that can occur.

Now two thoughts on that - 1) I'm not sure who would want to belong to a club that expressly doesn't want them and 2) any woman who could afford to join a club like Butler would certainly be successful already.

So, if a woman wants to sue her way into this club all she'd have to do is prove that business is transacted there and her exclusion results in a disadvantage to her career.  But then she'd have to come up with the initiation, dues and whatever else is involved and I've got to believe that is major bucks.

Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!