IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

52º wedge if I want it to stop around that distance.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like my pw from here, I haven't got a wedge that's inbetween that (tm atv 54 deg wedge ordered) and my 60deg atv wedge,I find that I'm pretty confident with my pw but not always accurate with it.

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

knocked down 9i, nice easy swing, on the money every time

but usually a PW full shot if im pin-seeking

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Depends on the green and pin placement, but lets say i don't have to worry about a bunker in the front. I usually take my 130 club and hit a 3/4 easy swing, slightly grip down on the club. The ball comes out lower with enough spin to one hope and stop. I don't worry about spinning it back or having it run through the green. Its really my favorite shot from 100 yards that i don't use enough.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:
my SW (54) is dead on at 100 yards with a comfy full swing

I'm the same as rehmwa.  This is my lay up distance for the condition described.  I can bring it in a bit lower with more spin or high and soft.  This is one of my favorite shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

100 yards is my go to lay up as well. Full 60* wedge. Nothing feels better than hitting that shot watching it fly way up and drop like a bomb with a little spin back.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Thats my wheelhouse shot.     I HATE taking off wedges (my biggest goal next year is to work on that to become comfortable with 3/4 wedge shots) ... a full PW would be too long (can't tell you how many holes I've ruined by trying to take off wedges & still hitting it too long & overshooting greens).    So for 100 yds its my 48° nice & smooth full wedge, all day every day

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

For that shot, I grip down an inch or 2 on my 52* wedge and use a 3/4 swing.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by dak4n6

The 2/3 - 3/4 swing is a very important tool IMO, you should def take the time to learn it.

I stuggle with this shot ... do you limit your backswing and take the same full downswing ... OR... take off pace through the entire swing (seems so easy to DECELERATE through impact with this method, which results in an absolute 100% certainty of a chunker in my case) ?        I guess my question is ... how do you take off the swing & not decelerate through impact ?      Haven't been successful either way, so I'd be curious how you approach it ... thx

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

I stuggle with this shot ... do you limit your backswing and take the same full downswing ... OR... take off pace through the entire swing (seems so easy to DECELERATE through impact with this method, which results in an absolute 100% certainty of a chunker in my case) ?        I guess my question is ... how do you take off the swing & not decelerate through impact ?      Haven't been successful either way, so I'd be curious how you approach it ... thx

Yes to the first option. You can also throw in choking up to take some distance off. Never ever decelerate though. The next time you are out for a practice round, for every iron shot, take one club extra, choke up about 1, maybe 2 inches max, and bring your hands back only to about 10:00 (I forgot what A position that is) on the backswing. Then hit like normal. Good luck!

dak4n6

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

Let's just say... You have put yourself 100 yards from the middle of the green... In the middle of the fairway... With light wind (in a perfect world)... And you need to stuff it to win a $5 nassau... What shot do you hit? What club? Basically... I'm putting it so it's the shot you feel most comfortable with...

A smoooooooooth 56deg sand wedge.  I'll try to fly it right to the cup.....play for 1 bounce and the ball to suck back.   If I hit it straight,  I'll have 2 chances to hole it

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

3/4 50 degree gap for me.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!