IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me this is a standard PW. At this point in my golf life Im just aiming for center of the green anyway. If Im putting for my next stroke it's a win.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I used to hit a nice choked up 3/4 PW...but lately even though I've been dead on line wise, I've been way overshooting, so I've gone down to my 52*. I can typically hit it about 105 and get it to come back a little.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Smooth 3/4 52 GW or full 56 SW.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

100 yds... As much as I want to say I'd use my 52* gap wedge I think I'd just choke down on a pitching wedge and give it a 3/4 swing. I use my 52 for everything up to about 85 yds, not because I can't hit it farther but that's where I'm comfortable with it.
  • Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Seriously.  I don't even have a "locked in" full swing of any club to the nearest yard, let alone a 3/4 swing.

You need to find a club with a dime-sized brown spot.

Yesterday at the range I only hit PW and 5i, so I am definitely working on it.  Today will probably be more of the same.  Alternating between PW and 5i every shot.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You need to find a club with a dime-sized brown spot.

Yesterday at the range I only hit PW and 5i, so I am definitely working on it.  Today will probably be more of the same.  Alternating between PW and 5i every shot.

Yeah, I'm heading out at lunch today as well.  Some wedges, a lot of 6-irons to work on my swing, and a lot of drivers, because that's my big weakness.  Then I finish by just trying to hit all of the nearer targets, which are usually at 100, 120 and 150 depending on where I'm set up.

So, to answer the question of the thread, my "go-to" shot from 100 is my 54 SW.  If I take a full, hard swing, it'll go about 115, but I don't care for that distance so much.  (115-120 requires either a nuked SW or an 80% or thereabouts gap wedge, neither of which I'm terribly comfortable with, so I try to avoid it)

For 100, I like to take a smooth, mostly full swing, which usually ends up in the general vicinity of 100 yards.  (give or take 10)

Either a fat GW or a bladed 58*. I hit more greens with 4i than I do with wedges. I hate wedges.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I used to hit a full 60* from 100, however I found that I was much more consistent by just putting the ball a little up in my stance with a 56*. Love this shot! Its all about what is comfortable to you, I actually have friends that from about 120 and in will only use an 8 Iron. He hits his irons longer than me, probably about 160 with his 8 iron, but likes hitting a low trajectory shot that runs out onto the green. I never liked it, but everyones game is different!

I'll usually take a full swing with my gap wedge, but after reading this thread, I'm wondering if I'm going about it all wrong.

I probably carry 100-110 with that shot if I make good contact,* and as I reflect on it, I think that when I line up this shot on the course, I'm approaching it from a place of knocking the gap way up in the air to throw a dart onto the green. I bet I'd be better off taking 3/4 of my PW and trying to run it up there if I've got an angle to do so. Thanks for giving me something to try next time I go out.

* - Not always a given, see the voluminous and imposing handicap index to your left, ladies and gentlemen, hands and feet inside the cart at all times.

Full sand wedge.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My 100 yard stock shot is a smooth pass with my 54 degree wedge. A crisp release gets 105 so I just back it down a hair.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I probably carry 100-110 with that shot if I make good contact,* and as I reflect on it, I think that when I line up this shot on the course, I'm approaching it from a place of knocking the gap way up in the air to throw a dart onto the green. I bet I'd be better off taking 3/4 of my PW and trying to run it up there if I've got an angle to do so. Thanks for giving me something to try next time I go out.

* - Not always a given, see the voluminous and imposing handicap index to your left, ladies and gentlemen, hands and feet inside the cart at all times.

I wouldn't say you're going about it wrong, it's what works for you. I like to get it in the air as well since I can't produce enough spin to control most my bump and run shots.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

100 yards is absolute bliss for my 52 degree gap wedge. Probably the best club in my bag. Most comfortable with that club and distance. Full swing but nothing too erratic or powerful; just a nice solid swing. I also tend to get some nice back spin with it.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I usually hit my 50* G25 U-wedge when I have 100 yards to the pin. My next wedge in the bag is a 56*, so the 50* is a lot smoother swing for me.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Full swing 52* ping tour wedge. I have worked on this shot for the past 2 months and turned a weakness into a strength. My go to lay up distance now. I absolutely love this shot.

A committed 3/4 pitching wedge. Its almost on the money 100 yards

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!