• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMBridgestone

What should be my next ball?

0   11 votes

1. 1. What ball should I play? Currently play the pro v1, looking for a straighter ball flight and less spin.

• Srixon Q-Star
    • Callaway HX Diablo Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour S

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I'm looking to switch balls for the 2013 season.  I have been playing the Pro V1 for a few months now, it is not straight enough for me and it has too much spin.  I get no roll out on drives! I want the highest spinning non-tour ball that is on this poll.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If your sticking with those four, my choice is the Q-Star. But thats more so because its the only one of the 4 I've hit. I do like the Q-Star, it performs somewhat similar to the Z-Star which is my primary ball. Good durability, good visibility, and the price isn't too bad. If your willing to look elsewhere...I'd recommend the Cally Hex Chrome.

Originally Posted by markuscism

why not Bridgestone b330rx then?

Too expensive, looking for a high spin non-tour ball that is under $35

Take a look into Srixon Trispeed tours. Forgot about these, solid ball roughly in between the qstar and zstar. Plus you can usually find them 2dozen for $35.

Swallow your pride and get the TopFlite Gamer V2.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by colin007

Swallow your pride and get the TopFlite Gamer V2.

How do they compare to the Pro V1's?  Are they straighter?

Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

The Pro V1 is not on your list, so why are you trying to compare the Gamer V2 to it??  I have not played the Srixon, but I have played the others on the list (and the Gamer V2) and the Pro V1.    None of them are comparable to a Pro V1.

That said, the Gamer V2 is VERY comparable to the two NXT models and the Diablo Tour..

Awards and Achievements

I am a fan of the yellow Q-star, but I started playing them so I did not have to mark my golf ball since everyone else at my club plays Titleist. If you ever play in Florida, please only buy the white because I get very upset when I see someone else playing the same golf ball as me.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by teamroper60

The Pro V1 is not on your list, so why are you trying to compare the Gamer V2 to it??  I have not played the Srixon, but I have played the others on the list (and the Gamer V2) and the Pro V1.    None of them are comparable to a Pro V1.

That said, the Gamer V2 is VERY comparable to the two NXT models and the Diablo Tour..

and way cheaper...

Awards and Achievements

Neither of those choices, U should try Wilson FG Tour, simply awesome

Originally Posted by Laws of Woo

Take a look into Srixon Trispeed tours. Forgot about these, solid ball roughly in between the qstar and zstar. Plus you can usually find them 2dozen for $35.

Thanks!

I played the Q-Star earlier this year, it is a good ball.   Then I made the switch to a better ball, Titleist Velocity.

Q-Star, love them.  There good balls, nice feel and cheapish price.

It ain't the balls fault it does not go straight it's your fault. That said try Bridgestone E6.

Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

try the topflight straight or pinnacle gold . either should straighten your drive and have a lower trajectory due to less spin . that said learning to control the shot instead of just whacking it will benefit you greatly . M