IGNORED

The story behind the "Arnold Palmer" drink

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An ESPN video that explores the history of the "The Arnold Palmer," the lemonade-and-iced tea beverage that has become a piece of Americana.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8685795

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched this a few days ago, funny stuff.  I'm always buying Arizona Arnold Palmer products.  I usually take the bottled water mix packets when I play a round.

Quick question about the Arizona band stuff: has anyone ever seen a non-"lite" version of Arnold Palmer? All I can ever find is the half-calorie stuff, which is fine but I've just always been curious.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

They have a non-lite version, a zero calorie version and a few special flavored (strawberry, pink lemonade) versions.  There's not much difference between the regular and half calorie versions, but the zero calorie has a diet drink taste to it imo.

Originally Posted by jamo

Quick question about the Arizona band stuff: has anyone ever seen a non-"lite" version of Arnold Palmer? All I can ever find is the half-calorie stuff, which is fine but I've just always been curious.

Joe Paradiso

I prefer my Arnold Palmer with a good dash of Firefly mixed in. I think that's called a John Daly right?

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Here in Orlando I can assure you, everyone knows what an Arnold Palmer is. I've ordered it in dozens of places.

Heh, I like how Fred Funk said a college should be named after him - Funk U.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

They have a non-lite version, a zero calorie version and a few special flavored (strawberry, pink lemonade) versions.  There's not much difference between the regular and half calorie versions, but the zero calorie has a diet drink taste to it imo.

I am beginning to think I am addicted to the lite version!  LOL  My wife buys it in cases for me..       I seriously dislike the zero cal version.  That stuff has a seriously funky taste!   Haven't ever seen the non-lite....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 4159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!