IGNORED

Putting Problem

Note: This thread is 6130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Putting has always been one of the strengths of my game, when I have had a good result my putting stats have been the predominating factor. When my putting is 'off' I almost always find that I am missing putts tothe left, and I have difficulty in making adjustments to my setup to compensate.
Does anyone have any tips or drills which might help please.

Cobra F Speed Driver
Cobra 3 wood
2 Hybrids 20 and 23 Deg.
Cleveleland Irons
Macgregor Fat lady swings putterSrixon balls

• Administrator
Putting has always been one of the strengths of my game, when I have had a good result my putting stats have been the predominating factor. When my putting is 'off' I almost always find that I am missing putts tothe left, and I have difficulty in making adjustments to my setup to compensate.

First your goal should be to figure out why you miss left:

a) poor alignment (of putter face, of shoulders/feet/hips/etc.) b) poor stroke (not through the ball, but pulling left somehow) c) poor grip (to cause a closed face at impact) d) poor ball position (too far forward on an arc stroke can cause pulls) e) something else not listed Without knowing which of these it is, it's virtually impossible to give you drills.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With putting, I try to remember a Dave Pelz article I read. In it, he contrasted the direction of the putter face vs. the path of the swing. Maybe not surprisingly, he found that your putting stroke can "wiggle" outside->in or inside->out, but if the putter face was square, you could make lots of putts. In contrast, even if your stroke is perfectly back-and-forth, if the face is aimed incorrectly, you'll miss.

Based on that general info, and not much else, I'd say just concentrate on some drills focused on, 1) aligning the putter face properly (initial alignment is worth a TON in putting), and 2) minimizing your hand action and keeping the face aligned. I know that's kinda general but I hope it gives you a starting point.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

If your putts feel smooth, and solid, but just tugged to the left the club might be rotating slightly before contact with the ball. The toe of the putter is probably faster than the heel.

Quick fix:
- Try gripping the putter further down on the shaft and just a little stronger

Always follow through and keep you eye on the spot the ball just left, good luck

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

Thanks to all who have responded. Since posting I have looked at set up, grip and stroke technique. On the plus side I have a smooth stroke with a short follow thru rather than a rap. I feel my grip is OK, not tense, quite relaxed but firm enough to keep control. On the minus side I think the ball has drifted too far forward in my set up and I have also got a bit open with my shoulders.
I have been putting with a Yes Tracy but have reverted my previous Yes Emma which has a good sight line set up and done some practice with a choke down of about 2" on the grip. I stand 5'10" and my putter is standard and this choke down has improved things significantly and I am now considering shortening the putter to 33".

Cobra F Speed Driver
Cobra 3 wood
2 Hybrids 20 and 23 Deg.
Cleveleland Irons

are you pushing on long putts, on short putts, or on both?
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

are you pushing on long putts, on short putts, or on both?

Sorry for delay in responding.

Pulling left on short puts - less than about 4'. Since my last post (after some adjustments) have played in comp with slightly better results.

Cobra F Speed Driver
Cobra 3 wood
2 Hybrids 20 and 23 Deg.
Cleveleland Irons

Note: This thread is 6130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!