IGNORED

Vegan Golf Shoes

Well i golf in 5 finger Vibrams which I bekieve can be vegan.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I believe some of the more sneaker-looking shoes are leather-free. Alternatively, you could feed him some of that (what appears to be) chicken and french fries in your avatar. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First, it is not a joke. Vegans don't use any animal products. And secondly, that avatar just showed up, and I'm not computer literate enough to change it. I was wondering about the Addidas shoes that Sergio wears, and some of the Nikes that look like running shoes. My son used to play, but he hasn't played for a couple of years. I know this is kind of an off the wall thread, but nothing would make me happier than to have his company on the golf course again. Thanks.

FootJoy "GreenJoys" are completely man made synthetic leather. I have a set myself as I am also vegan. :) They are good quality too!

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=18

• 4 months later...

as a vegan and and a golfer myself I understand the struggles. As far as vegans are concerend it's not just using things made from animal skin you would be shocked at how many materials have an animal derivitive. We have to look into it all, it goes as far as the types of materials used to give certain foods their texture (i.e. we dont eat starburst as they use a product similar to gelatin to give it the gummy texture that uses animal in one form or another in the process).

Veganisim is a PERSONAL lifestyle choice so please dont tell this FATHER to feed his SON chicken and fries as he's not telling you to take YOUR son to a different church or put them in a different school because he doesn't agree with  your personal views and values.

I'm on the quest of finding as much vegan friendly golf stuff myself, I only use cloth carry bags which is a big part and my gloves i'm still running through my sciflexes from footjoy that were already purchased before I made the switch from vegitarian to vegan.

I will mark this thread and as I find items I will be sure to share them here!

Hope things are going well on your quest

ZiA

• Thumbs Up 1

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

• 3 months later...

The new adidas adizero shoes are synthetic.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hello fellow vegans,

It's comforting to know that I am not alone.

Although the question has been largely answered I will throw in a couple of possible teasers:

The first is 'What is a golf shoe?'

I personally never wear spikes, one reason being that one's lead leg needs to turn through the knee at impact and arguably the traction caused by spikes could induce a knee injury.

Spikeless shoes (all of which  could be labelled 'golf shoes') have possibly always been around but of course it was Freddy Couples who in recent times wore 'sneakers' to play golf in and at that point the golf world sat up and took note. "Have what we been preaching for years about the necessity to use spikes patently wrong?"  Our sport embraces many such myths. I am not however suggesting that spikes would not be useful when playing a ball off a steep muddy bank. There are always extremes which upturn most principles. The soles of many  modern 'spikeless' golf shoes do however often incorporate either a heavily rippled sole or small studs. It would be easy to relabel tennis shoes as golf shoes.

The next point is "What is a vegan golf shoe?"

Although a shoe may be leather free it still may not be vegan. It may contain glue(s) and these could well incorporate animal products.

However veganism is not an inflexible absolute discipline, but rather one based on reasonableness. Arguably if makes reasonable inspection and enquiry and finds nothing untoward then one feels able to buy? Of course what amounts to reasonable enquiry varies from person to person.

I have tried many brands of synthetic walking shoes, golf shoes, and walking boots and all have been disappointing compared with leather.  Footwear is the only area of life where I have felt prejudiced by being vegan.

I won't be posting again on this thread as some meat eaters feel guilty or intimidated in the presence of vegans and come out with some really daft comments. Even dafter than the usual stuff which saturates most forums.  Everyone to their own, and I have no inclination to pointlessly argue.

Originally Posted by IvanSanders

I won't be posting again on this thread as some meat eaters feel guilty or intimidated in the presence of vegans and come out with some really daft comments.

I feel neither guilty nor intimidated, nor should I. I understand that veganism is a personal choice. Much like religion and politics, as long as you don't attempt to guilt me or intimidate me, I have no issue with vegans.

Glad to hear there are vegan options in golf shoes. I'm sure it's a struggle to find vegan options in all aspects of life. Good on ya for sticking to it.

Tyler Martin

Perhaps contacting the shoe companies directly will help you find the information you are looking for.  Many companies have consumer comment telephone numbers that are staffed by people that may be able to answer you questions.  Reading a materials list may not fully disclose all the potential animal derived components.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Vegan golf shoes - just sounds like they won't taste very good at all.

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

Originally Posted by rehmwa

Vegan golf shoes - just sounds like they won't taste very good at all.

Rehmwa, you are showing your ignorance!  He's not saying that the shoes are good and healthy for vegan humans to be eating, but rather is saying that the shoes themselves don't eat meat. ;)

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Rehmwa, you are showing your ignorance!  He's not saying that the shoes are good and healthy for vegan humans to be eating, but rather is saying that the shoes themselves don't eat meat. ;)

I stand corrected.  Nice thing about shoes that don't eat meat is they don't develop that big ol' hunk of gristle, over the years, down by toe that won't pass.

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

Originally Posted by rehmwa

I stand corrected.  Nice thing about shoes that don't eat meat is they don't develop that big ol' hunk of gristle, over the years, down by toe that won't pass.

LOL!