IGNORED

The Best Mid-Priced Ball

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is the best mid-priced ball?

• Srixon Q-Star
    • Callaway HX Diablo Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour S
    • Bridgestone e6
    • Bridgestone e5
    • Callaway HX Diablo
    • Srixon Soft Feel
    • Srixon Tri-Speed Tour
    • Srixon Tri-Speed

What is the best?

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

What is the best?

Those are all low priced balls to me...

Street Prices

Rocks -

Low - $20-29

Mid - $30-36

High - $37+

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I currently have Bridgestone e5's in the bag and they perform well overall. Good distance and soft cover, so good spin. Also picked up some Taylor Made TP3's, which I played for 1 round so far. Again a really excellent all round ball that work well. Both of these balls have urethane covers and are a decent price. Can't go wrong either way IMO.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• 2 weeks later...
I tried the TP5 and didn't like anything about it other than it feels great off the putter. All my clubs are TaylorMade and I really like them but everybody's balls are better than theirs as far as my game goes.

Originally Posted by zeke4351

I tried the TP5 and didn't like anything about it other than it feels great off the putter. All my clubs are TaylorMade and I really like them but everybody's balls are better than theirs as far as my game goes.

Hey, different strokes...

A lot of great reviews on the TP5 out there.

I would not think it would be my ball of choice - at most, low 90's with a driver.

_____

One can also find the Callaway HEX Black for $28-35, and the HEX Chrome for $28.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 2 weeks later...

Taylormade Penta worked great for me (great chipping control too).

But I put in a write-in vote for Wilson DOU. Great performing bargain ball, that doesn't scuff easily like NXT.

My last round I played with a Taylomade TP Black.  Usually play Q-Stars but got a dozen for $22 off Ebay (were supposed to be TP3's, but hat is another story)  Good ball/  Really takes off the club face when struck solid, but not a fan of the feel off the putter.

Originally Posted by jclark

Got some "Callaway Hex Black Tour" for Christmas. Haven't played them yet. Wonder how they do...

I had a guy give me one of those the other day, so I played it (I usually use the Hex Chrome).    I liked it really well off the short irons and wedges.    Off the driver and FW, I was not as taken with it but that was mostly a feel thing for me.    The Chrome has a "livelier" feel to it off those clubs and seems to go a bit further.   That is likely due to my swing speed though, since they claim the Chrome is designed for moderate swing speed (my SS is ~95mph) where the Black is designed for 98mph+.   Overall though, I was impressed with it.  If it weren't almost $4/ball, I might consider it..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Those are all low priced balls to me...

Street Prices

Rocks - < $20

Low - $20-29

Mid - $30-36

High - $37+

How about a ball that performs at the mid level but for $15/doz?

I continue to be astounded at the TF Gamer V2. I will make it clear that I am a ball snob, and the lowest I previously stooped to was the NXT Tour S. I got a dozen Gamers for my wife and daughter, and played one about 5 or 6 rounds ago, and I was astonished. Even in the winter, they feel soft and have plenty of spin. I played yesterday with temps around 40, and even with the cold, every iron shot I hit ended up either 1 ft past or 4 ft in front of the ball's pitch mark. I actually had a few chip shots that I played to roll out but they checked on me...

dak4n6

Yeah the Gamer V2 is a beast for the money. Played with it in sub 40* temps and the ball felt soft all day long. As for the balls ont he list I vote none of the above. If I buy a mid priced ball it's the Pro V1x X-Outs at $29.99/12. Of the stuff on the list I like the E6 the most and I'd play a SoLo before an NXT.

Dave :-)

Bridgestone E5 or Srixon Q-Star.  The others are good but arent in the league of those 2.  The Callaways are nice but are too clicky for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I had a guy give me one of those the other day, so I played it (I usually use the Hex Chrome).    I liked it really well off the short irons and wedges.    Off the driver and FW, I was not as taken with it but that was mostly a feel thing for me.    The Chrome has a "livelier" feel to it off those clubs and seems to go a bit further.   That is likely due to my swing speed though, since they claim the Chrome is designed for moderate swing speed (my SS is ~95mph) where the Black is designed for 98mph+.   Overall though, I was impressed with it.  If it weren't almost $4/ball, I might consider it..

I agree about the price. They are a little high for this fella

- Jered

nike one vapor speed followed by cally hx diablo & e6's

In the Bag:

X Driver, 3w & 5w

Ironwood 4 hybrids

Putter: BigT special

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!