IGNORED

The Best Mid-Priced Ball

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is the best mid-priced ball?

• Srixon Q-Star
    • Callaway HX Diablo Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour S
    • Bridgestone e6
    • Bridgestone e5
    • Callaway HX Diablo
    • Srixon Soft Feel
    • Srixon Tri-Speed Tour
    • Srixon Tri-Speed

+1 on the write in vote for the DUO's.  They explode off the tee and have great feel.  $20 for a dozen, plan on stocking up if they ever go on special.

the TopFlite Gamer V2 is better than all those balls.  might be cheaper than all of them too.

however, i play TaylorMade Penta balls, marked PRACTICE, from Golf Galaxy for $19.99.  tour ball.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by shooter

I could'nt vote because my choice of mid priced ball was not on the list.

Try the PENTA 3 ( not the 5) it'll surprise you.

I'm pretty much a play what I find kind of guy but I just recently did buy 2 dozen TP-3's.  This past summer I found several TP-5's and 3's and really did like them.  The 3's I liked a little better, especially inside 100 yards.

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

For a mid priced ball (or at least one that compares to them as far as performance) I like the Gamer V2, although it is cheaper than most mid priced balls at about $20/dozen.

If I have to pay full price for a ball, that's gonna be the one... however, I've found a lot of "premium" balls as cheap or cheaper that I really like. MacGregor, which is now owned by GolfSmith, was making a ball they called the VIP (discontinued now) which is a three-peice urethane ball; basically their version of the Pro V1 or whatever. I picked up a whole bunch of those at about $6/dozen and really liked them. Just recently I picked up 4 dozen of the Maxfli U/4 (their 4 piece, urethane covered ball) at about $17/dozen. Those should arrive on Thursday and I'm excited to try them out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

For around $20/doz I  like the TopFlight Gamer V2, play this ball against the ProV1x and see what you think. If I can find the Bridgstone E6 at this price , I would pick up a few dozen also.

There is only one:

OUTSTANDING!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There is only one:

For more: http://thesandtrap.com/t/46415/the-secret-of-golf-according-to-j-peterman-and-range-balls/0_30

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

For more: http://thesandtrap.com/t/46415/the-secret-of-golf-according-to-j-peterman-and-range-balls/0_30

That's just WRONG!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!