IGNORED

New Pics Added! TaylorMade's 2013 line: R1 Driver, RocketBallz Stage 2 Driver, Fairway and Tour Rescue

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by David in FL

That's an old adjustable iron. Intended for the traveling golfer who couldn't bring an entire set of clubs. You can change the loft to match any club from 2 iron through wedge.

An absolute POS and of course, non-compliant.

Never have seen one of these. I guess they didn't make it into many bags huh? Good concept but I suppose this was a flop.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

I think Adams does a better job with the graphics, less "see me!" And they use the slot to offer forgiveness on off-center - heel and toe - hits in a clever way by adding to the depth of the slot in those areas to heighten ballspeed and forgiveness on those areas - seems like they can gain more forgiveness in that manner rather than trying to shave the face wall with brazing or other techniques.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I think Adams does a better job with the graphics, less "see me!" And they use the slot to offer forgiveness on off-center - heel and toe - hits in a clever way by adding to the depth of the slot in those areas to heighten ballspeed and forgiveness on those areas - seems like they can gain more forgiveness in that manner rather than trying to shave the face wall with brazing or other techniques.

The R1 doesn't look as bad in person as the pics might indicate.  The white triangle really pops, leading me to believe this will be the marketing angle.  "Easier to align, better focus, more centered hits, longer drives"

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I just want a driver with built in speakers that makes a different sound depending on how you hit the ball. If you top the ball it should let out a "Poofta!" in an Aussie accent. A good one should let out a loud BOOOOOOOM Jack Hamm style.. Maybe with an airliner affect in the background.

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

That's an old adjustable iron. Intended for the traveling golfer who couldn't bring an entire set of clubs. You can change the loft to match any club from 2 iron through wedge.

An absolute POS and of course, non-compliant.

Never have seen one of these. I guess they didn't make it into many bags huh? Good concept but I suppose this was a flop.

Novelty adjustable iron from the 1960's and 1970's. You probably can still find one somewhere. Adjust the head loft to whatever angle you need. The steel shaft telescopes down, so you can pack it into a suitcase. Not a stick for the serious round, but it is kind of fun for the 9-hole walk in the park - no bag required! Some pretty strange shots and trajectories with this baby!

Originally Posted by mvmac

The R1 doesn't look as bad in person as the pics might indicate.  The white triangle really pops, leading me to believe this will be the marketing angle.  "Easier to align, better focus, more centered hits, longer drives"

I smiled when I read the bold portion of your post - I was thinking along the same lines when I wrote my post, but didn't want to say it -- I remember "the science of white" and "easier to align" from two years ago. And I buy it ... and bought it. There is credibility to it.

But where are the slots in the driver?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Hmmmph... That paint job on the top crown looks like it was a failed family crest proof design that got trashed, and somehow found its way onto the TaylorMade 2013 RBZ Stage 2 fairway wood.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I smiled when I read the bold portion of your post - I was thinking along the same lines when I wrote my post, but didn't want to say it -- I remember "the science of white" and "easier to align" from two years ago. And I buy it ... and bought it. There is credibility to it.

But where are the slots in the driver?

I agree there is something to it.

Slots, like with the Adams stuff?  Not sure.  They may just be Adams tech, obviously they can use it in future models since they bought them.

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by Dave H

I'm clearly in the minority but I like the look of it. Reminds me a bit of a sailboat we used to have and I loved that sailboat.

• Upvote 1

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

sounds like people are starting to realize they're being had by the big OEMs and the golf industry in general. is the new equipment really helping your game that much? OMG, taylormade put a racing stripe on their new driver, i gotta have it. so dumb. is it really worth the price? i find it hard to beleive that all this new equipment is lowering your handicap that much. i would be happy with persimmon drivers and balata balls. seriosly, all this new equipment is just driving up the cost of the game. you are making yourself pay more. it's so stupid. this is why people are quitting or not taking up the game. its not that its difficult. its really effing expensive. you're into it for $1500 before you step on the first tee. why don't we just get it over with and build machines to hit the ball for us.

Originally Posted by chica****lf

sounds like people are starting to realize they're being had by the big OEMs and the golf industry in general. is the new equipment really helping your game that much? OMG, taylormade put a racing stripe on their new driver, i gotta have it. so dumb. is it really worth the price? i find it hard to beleive that all this new equipment is lowering your handicap that much. i would be happy with persimmon drivers and balata balls. seriosly, all this new equipment is just driving up the cost of the game. you are making yourself pay more. it's so stupid. this is why people are quitting or not taking up the game. its not that its difficult. its really effing expensive. you're into it for $1500 before you step on the first tee. why don't we just get it over with and build machines to hit the ball for us.

Because that would be no fun....

Originally Posted by Dancza

For me it would be!! You havent seen me play haha. On a serious note though does anyone know what shafts are going into this monstrosity? I've seen pictures of orange Phenoms floating around.

Ew.

Got invited by TaylorMade to take some in hand pics the other day of the R1, RBZ Stage 2 driver, fairway, Rescue and RocektBladez irons.  Can't wait to share with you guys.  Unfortunately have to wait until Jan 3rd

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by spkgolfer

guys its all about the shaft we use in our driver..if you want the best driver get the best shaft...new drivers are now just attractions and the manufacturers are proving it by designing them in such ways..instead of spending  400 dollars on a club which will be half the price a year later, we should buy a high end quality shaft

How does one go about finding a better shaft then what is in your driver now? I have a Cobra S2 10.5* driver which I like but have thought that perhaps a better shaft would make it that much better. But how to find that shaft?

Novelty adjustable iron from the 1960's and 1970's. You probably can still find one somewhere. Adjust the head loft to whatever angle you need. The steel shaft telescopes down, so you can pack it into a suitcase. Not a stick for the serious round, but it is kind of fun for the 9-hole walk in the park - no bag required! Some pretty strange shots and trajectories with this baby!

Skymall has one... From driver to putter lol. Agreed on the Adams looking nicer.

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!