IGNORED

New Pics Added! TaylorMade's 2013 line: R1 Driver, RocketBallz Stage 2 Driver, Fairway and Tour Rescue

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Stage 2 looks better than the original RBZ line.  I'll give them that.  But, I'm not a fan of the R1... It looks like some contraption out of the game 'The Room'.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best part will be in a few weeks when rockbottomgolf has the old R11's and RBZ drivers and fairway woods down to much nicer pricepoint.

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

rocketballz stage 2 rescue = discount on rbz rescue....yiii buddy

Originally Posted by RayG

Best part will be in a few weeks when rockbottomgolf has the old R11's and RBZ drivers and fairway woods down to much nicer pricepoint.

Silly guys, when will you learn?  Last year's clubs don't work on this years balls ... duh!

(My first pair of skis were year-old models and half the price of the then current year models ... I was so "worried" because I thought maybe mine wouldn't work on the current years new technologically advanced snow.)

Does Inspector Gadget give lessons on how to use it?

Razr Fit 9.5 degree with Project X 6.0                                             

Razr Fit 15 degree with Project X 6.0 

X Series 2H,3H,4H and 5H with Dynamic Gold High Launch  

X-22 4-9 PW,AW,SW,LW with True Temper Dynamic Gold SL S300U   

: Odyssey White Hot XG Teron

Callaway Hex Chrome    

2012 14 Way Stand bag  

SG5

Sadly I can't stand the white styling. Purely personal I understand but I hate white on most things even though it's fashionable again. Means I won't be considering the club. Shame cos I'm sure it's a great club to hit with.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

I don't mind white clubs anymore, now that I've gotten used to the look but putting elaborate graphics on the crown is horrible.

I was going to order an R11-S this week, but after hearing that the R-1 was being released I decided to wait so that I can get the R-11S much cheaper.

I have grown to like it with the putters from TM, but not sure I like it yet for drivers yet.

Michael

I haven't owned a white driver yet, but demo'd an R11-S for a round to see if I liked it.  Then I bought the RBZ 5 Wood and after the first range session with it, I didn't even take notice that it was white anymore, so I'm pretty positive that after a round or two, I won't even notice the driver's white either.

I don't care what it looks like if I am looking back at my buddies (from the middle of the fairway) who are 25 yards behind me

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

Originally Posted by canadianpro

I don't care what it looks like if I am looking back at my buddies (from the middle of the fairway) who are 25 yards behind me

Fair point, but it's pretty unlikely that the TaylorMade driver is notably different from the equivalent Callaway, Ping, Titleist, Nike, etc. drivers at the same price.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

I've been to TaylorMade's test area and home office, as well as the Callaway, and Titlist facility. Believe me, they all know everything about each other's technology. They all have the same ideas in mind and share info. One doesn't leave the other behind in that area. It all comes down to loyalty and favorite brand. I'm not saying that there's not a difference between models. In some instances, there's a lot of difference, but there's no secrets between them. It all comes down to marketing appeal and the most novel ideas. I actually favor TaylorMade, but I don't like the newest models that they have. I have tried them and even the Titlist D series, Callaway's series, as well as Ping and Nike. I have yet to find anything that will compare to the TaylorMade R-7 SuperQuad TP Model. In my opinion, it was the best thing they ever produced, and nothing else compares. I find that the R-9, R-11, R-11S models all sound like they are filled with cork, and the faces seem to be more rounded. I might just be used to, and comfortable with the sound and reaction that I have been getting, and nothing else seems to live up to the standard. I average 308 in the air, with a slight draw. I can work the ball when needed with confidence. The sound is solid as well. I have come to know and trust this so much that everything else compares to it. However, the guys on tour are hitting the white capped drivers and doing quite well. Again, it all comes down to preference. I'm not reccommending one against another, this is only my feelings on the new equipment. I have other advanced players who are still using, and sware by the Ping G-5 Driver, and a couple others. It all comes to what the particular person likes and is confident and comfortable with.

Note: This thread is 4119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!