IGNORED

Newbie from St. Louis!

Newbietodagame
Note: This thread is 4089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How's it going everybody? My name is Rob. Just found this forum a couple of weeks ago. I found it to be very fun and informative and decided to join up yesterday. Played my first round of golf a little over a year ago. Then didn't play another round until July of this year. Have gotten my average score from 110's to 100's in the last 4 months. So I'm not a very good golfer yet, but definitely feel like I'm making some progress, and I am extremely enthusiastic about the sport! Anyway, I hope to get involved as much as I can here, and look forward to playing a round or two with some of you sometime! Cheers!

Rob

Welcome to the site!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Newbietodagame

How's it going everybody? My name is Rob. Just found this forum a couple of weeks ago. I found it to be very fun and informative and decided to join up yesterday. Played my first round of golf a little over a year ago. Then didn't play another round until July of this year. Have gotten my average score from 110's to 100's in the last 4 months. So I'm not a very good golfer yet, but definitely feel like I'm making some progress, and I am extremely enthusiastic about the sport! Anyway, I hope to get involved as much as I can here, and look forward to playing a round or two with some of you sometime! Cheers!

Rob

St.Louis! Welcome to the site brotha. I'm right here in Arnold.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Welcome from Troy, MO!!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I work in Webster Groves, and live across the river near Belleville, IL. Welcome.

I'll be going to the St. Louis Golf Expo in January, in your neighborhood.  Maybe some of us 'Trappers can touch base up there.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

<- also a new poster from St. Louis.  15 handicap, play mostly at Normandie, Ruth Park, and the Forest Park courses (poor grad student).  I didn't know about the golf expo.  I may have to attend that.

The expo is January 18-20 at the convention center in St. Charles.   I am planning to be there either Friday or Saturday.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Originally Posted by teamroper60

The expo is January 18-20 at the convention center in St. Charles.   I am planning to be there either Friday or Saturday.

Didnt know about it either. May just have to check it out.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

St. Louis crew...

Here is the website on the 2013 St. Louis Golf Expo. http://stlouisgolfexpo.com/

I'm disappointed that they won't open until Noon Friday. Last year, the morning was a great time to test-hit clubs because lots of people couldn't come until after lunch.

I'll send a PM to everyone in mid-January to check schedules.. maybe we can have a Sand Trap get-together on site.

One benefit: your Expo admission includes a year's subscription to either Golf Digest or Golf World.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by castlerockmo

I may have to drive up from Branson. I never knew we had an expo close.

Convention Center has moderately priced hotel next door. Hotel has OK onsite restaurant too, with other restaurants within walking distance.

Originally Posted by WUTiger

St. Louis crew...

Here is the website on the 2013 St. Louis Golf Expo. http://stlouisgolfexpo.com/

I'm disappointed that they won't open until Noon Friday. Last year, the morning was a great time to test-hit clubs because lots of people couldn't come until after lunch.

I'll send a PM to everyone in mid-January to check schedules.. maybe we can have a Sand Trap get-together on site.

One benefit: your Expo admission includes a year's subscription to either Golf Digest or Golf World.

Sounds good to me. I would definitely like to get together with some of the ST guys and put some faces to the names. Would be my first ever golf expo so it sounds pretty interesting. Plus you cant beat the subscription to the magazines. Looking forward to it!

Had no idea there were so many St. Louis guys on the forum! I had no idea about the expo either. Will definitely be going to that! Would love to get together and meet some of you guys! As for courses I frequent, I've only really played three out here St. Peter's Golf Course, Links at Dardenne, and Mid Rivers Golf Links. I also play Pheasant Run (a par 57 exec course) with my wife pretty often as well.

Originally Posted by Newbietodagame

Had no idea there were so many St. Louis guys on the forum! I had no idea about the expo either. Will definitely be going to that! Would love to get together and meet some of you guys! As for courses I frequent, I've only really played three out here St. Peter's Golf Course, Links at Dardenne, and Mid Rivers Golf Links. I also play Pheasant Run (a par 57 exec course) with my wife pretty often as well.

How are the Links at Dardenne? I have been wanting to make my way out there to play some of your local courses.

Hello everyone, from another Duffer in St Lou.

I've been to the Golf Expo several times, it's a great time.

Lot's of things to explore, new gear, resort course info, there's even an indoor range for trying new clubs.

There's also several golf equipment exhibits if you need a few items.

Just joined the sand trap tonight, been bouncing all over the place.

Looks good, great posts, had a few laughs!

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Club Rat

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Originally Posted by Club Rat

Hello everyone, from another Duffer in St Lou.

I've been to the Golf Expo several times, it's a great time.

Lot's of things to explore, new gear, resort course info, there's even an indoor range for trying new clubs.

There's also several golf equipment exhibits if you need a few items.

Just joined the sand trap tonight, been bouncing all over the place.

Looks good, great posts, had a few laughs!

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Club Rat

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Welcome to TST! Hope to see you at the expo in Jan. I think a few of the guys are planning on meeting out there but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Friday is a short day since the doors don't open until noon and I don't know how many of us this affects but there is a $2 discount on admission on Friday for anyone over 50 (have to have your ID with you).

Received some info on the Golf Expo.

Just wanted to pass it along.

Club Rat

Walters Golf Management Invites You to the

2013 St. Louis Golf Expo
Friday - Sunday, January 18-20
St. Charles Convention Center
www.stlgolfexpo.com

Get a jump-start on the 2013 golf season at the 4 th annual St. Louis Golf Expo, Jan. 18-20 at the St. Charles Convention Center. Show-only pricing on name-brand clubs & equipment, free, indoor driving range, & expert reps from the biggest names in golf.  Plus fun skills contests, free lessons, & a fully-stocked 19th Hole lounge decked out by Amini's.

Attendees receive a goody bag including 17 FREE ROUNDS OF GOLF , the first 300 through the door each day get a 2 ball sleeve from Bridgestone and EVERYONE gets a year's subscription to Golf Digest!

Buy tickets in advance and download discount coupons today at
stlgolfexpo.com

Make Sure to Stop by the Walters Golf Booth to Receive a Promo Code
for a discount on your next online booking.

Book Your Tee Times at
www.wgmgolf.com for the best pricing available

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 4089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!