• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The power move

1 post in this topic

Brady Riggs from golf.com did a video on the power move, particularly made popular by Tiger Woods.

But i like how he goes into showing that you load up the left leg, then holding that force until its transfered through the kenetic chain into the clubhead before impact.

I am not sure if the belt buckle area is a key indicator of this power move or not, to me its a timing thing, holding that flexion in the left knee until the optimal moment then explode upward.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TIL: You can Google streetview some of the courses at St Andrews
      By DaveP043 · Posted
      That's great, and it works through the Google Earth platform too.  Another interesting way to view the Old Course is playing it online at www.wgt.com.  The graphics for the courses are pretty good definition, and the course modeling seems really accurate, with all of the little hollows and humps.
    • Tipping your golf instructor
      By pumaAttack · Posted
      I never said it has no psychological effect.  Of course you are going to feel better towards that person. I said it's sleazy to only offer extra special attention or instructions after receiving a tip.  If you are an instructor and get a tip, that is great.  Take the extra dough and buy a coke.  Don't take the mindset that you owe that person more than the prior guy because he didn't throw a $10 bill your away.  That is sleazy and cheap behavior.  Both if the tipper expects more lessons and if the instructor gives them.   When I tip somebody, I do not expect more/better service.  That is the definition of a bribe.  I tip people based on their prior work ethic/service and do not expect anything more after I tip them.   Bribe: persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement. People here are advocating for bribes to instructors.
    • President's Cup Matches
      By RandallT · Posted
      Duplicate topic?  
    • Tipping your golf instructor
      By ncarlsongolf · Posted
      A good instructor is going to give great instruction to everyone he meets with, a tip showing your appreciation for that always helps.  If you don't think it changes the way you feel about someone psychologically, you're wrong.  It affects everything, but like I said, it's never expected from anyone.  You are not doing the lesson for the tip.
    • Jordan Spieth vs Jason Day at Presidents Cup, Who Wins?
      By ncarlsongolf · Posted
      I think we should all just celebrate seeing the two top players in the world square off against each other.  I am rooting for the US side and I wouldn't care whatsoever who won.  I just want to see that match.  We never got to see the Scott v. Woods match up, or Rory v. Woods type battles.  I think we as a golf community would all benefit from seeing the two top players in the world battle it out.  I think the captains of both teams should recognize that and make it happen!
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries