IGNORED

Hi, please read need motivation

bambam2484
Note: This thread is 3578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, thanks to everyone for posting. I found the one's calling me delusional especially funny they gave me a laugh so thanks for that I take no offense to it one bit as I understand human beings are prone to be skeptical on something that is considered out of reach. I guess I will make my first update. Finished my finals for my classes so I have had a bit of time to begin to work on things. I am basically working on a few things on the table from taking lessons sporadically over the last couple years but never really practicing it. Let me begin by saying I am left handed. To the poster on the first page and post my before swings and update every month or so on my swing and the progress being made. Ok so the things I am working on are somewhat numerous and tedious in numbers. First thing I am working on is getting my takeaway in plane (it is outside the plane at the moment), I tend to pick up the club at takeaway as well so I need to iron and smooth that out as well, at takeaway my arms get disconnected from my body so I need to work on staying connected, at the top of my swing I overhinge my wrists once I get to the top so I have to learn how to eliminate the overhinge by trying to keep the swing shorter and pausing at the top, I come across the plane in my downswing so I have to fix that, hands are too high at impact and too close to the body which is one reason of several reasons I get stuck, at impact my right arm bends and collapses through post impact, I lose my spine angle and tend to stand up at impact so I have to work on that, which also causes my left leg to straighten up pre impact, my hips rotate backwards for a split second at impact which is another reason for my swing to severly break apart which causes my lower body and upper body to get completely disconnected as my upper body has already completed turning while my lower body is lagging behind. These are the things I have to work on for the next couple months and improve the fundamentals. Also to the previous poster asking about where I am planning on taking lessons I am contemplating about getting lessons from a real coach and spend the extra money and going to pebble beach and taking lessons from one of the accoladed instructors there.

Hi, thanks to everyone for posting. I found the one's calling me delusional especially funny they gave me a laugh so thanks for that I take no offense to it one bit as I understand human beings are prone to be skeptical on something that is considered out of reach.

You think it's funny that people are scoffing at your plan to be the number one golfer on the planet in 3 years? Yet you can't break 80?

Your self analysis is a little on the overly technical side, don't you think? And you have all of the problems of the average 30 handicapper.

Tell us when you pass Jiminez in the OWGR. What is he? 25? No worries there. And he's an oldy.

Do you realise that if you were the 100,000 ranked golfer in the world that would make you a really good player? Better than most players could ever dream of being.

Apologies for being such a narrow thinker  -  I am not at all offended by your tsk tsking of my lack of vision.

It's normal to doubt dreamers, but this time we'll be proven wrong. Right.Sure. What an absolute joke.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hey yes, a lot of things to work on. If i have the problems of a 30 handicapper and can play like a 10 imagine what can be done with a real swing :).

Certainly no worse than number 1 in the world. Should be easy.

@bambam2484 , paragraphs are your friends. Be kind to your friends.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sorry, but the most important thing you are forgetting in your assessment is that dropping handicap is a geometric progression like 1/X2 curve (that's X squared)

As you get closer to scratch, it takes longer to drop 1 HC index.   Thus, it is easy for someone with 30 Handicap index to reach handicap index of 10 than it is for a 10 handicap index player to reach scratch.

I would have to agree with @Shorty on this one: you are setting untenable goals.

• Upvote 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The scary thing is that I don't think he's joking.

Imagine him telling his friends what his plan is. :loco:

A bit like the 43 year old off 15 who thinks he'll walk onto the champions tour on his 50th birthday., and thinks he's got heaps of thime to get ready for it.

The OP is clearly insane. It's actually sad. How little would you have to know about golf to even dream of what this nutcase is proposing?

Hey...but the haters will motivate him even more. Maybe he'll be +5 by Christmas.

To the OP - -go to a PGATour event and walk onto the practice tee.

Watch ANY player hit ONE long iron and then ask yourself what your chances are as you see his ball  sail into the distance and out of sight, with a sound you've never heard before.

• Upvote 1

The scary thing is that I don't think he's joking. .

They never are. I'm playing today with a guy who's a friend of a friend. He's 45 and plays off of 5ish. He's got his sights set on the senior tour....and is dead serious. I like to ask him if he's beating Phil yet, since they'll both be turning 50 at about the same time. He's a lot of fun to screw with. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

"at takeaway my arms get disconnected from my body so I need to work on staying connected"

Now I'm no swing guru but this sounds really serious. Is golf a paralympic sport now as well? I think there could be a niche to exploit

Hey guys, I feel as if it is the mindset that one needs to have if they want to get really good. Whether or not I am a +5 in the next 350 days or so is one thing but the point is that I have to believe it 100% that I will get there without any doubts. I feel this mindset with nothing holding me back gives me the best opportunity to become the best I can be in the next year. If I don't believe 100% that I can reach a certain level I am doing myself a disservice. I totally understand the skepticism but don't quite understand the hostility. Relax guys it's not a big deal. It is a goal I have set in which I intend on practicing like I will reach the goal no matter what. Whether I reach it or not is to be seen. Thanks

Nah.......you've changed already. Don't shift the goalposts. You said you were a special person and it would be a swift progression after a few months. You will be unlikely to play off a handicap of 3 ever, statistically. And if you do start birdieing 6 holes per round and parring 10 every second time you play you might not be the best player at your club. You have obviously never seen a really good golfer hit a single ball. And it is a big deal to make moronic claims as an adult. You'll be treated as a fool because your claims of being unique imply that you are at best naive and ignorant. Anyone who plays this game should have an inkling of how hard it is.

@shorty. I do un derstand how difficult this game is. I am currently humbled by the game because I really don't know how to play the game in any way, shape, or form. I do know how to play decent golf. I played off a 1 when I was 14 for a good 6 month stretch when I used to practice so I do understand what decent golf means although it wasn't good golf by any stretch. Yes I do believe I am unique, sorry if I feel that way. We shall see what happens, until then I won't say much to the posters saying the same thing over again rather just keep my update and keep my mouth shut on anything else from now on. thank you.

Hypothetical scenario for you: Over the next 365 days you pracice in the morning and in the afternoon play 9 holes with players who have won tournaments on the world tours. at the end of the round, you say "My goal is to get to +5 and be world #1. You've seen me play, what do you think?" How many would say. "i admire your drive and from what i have seen you certainly have the right mindset, and yes, i believe you could do it."

[COLOR=181818] "at takeaway my arms get disconnected from my body so I need to work on staying connected"[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Now I'm no swing guru but this sounds really serious. Is golf a paralympic sport now as well? I think there could be a niche to exploit[/COLOR]

Funniest thing I've read today !!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Hey @bambam2484 if you want to be taken at all serious you need to post a swing video or will that take another year from your initial post?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!