IGNORED

My Swing (justasgood)

justasgood
Note: This thread is 4104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 25 yrs

My current handicap index or average score is: 6.7

My typical ball flight is: mid-high soft draw or fade as needed

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push

Videos:

I play an I20 with 46' xx shaft tipped 1/2. I have a SS of just over 118 but I have slowed it down and tried to shorten it as well. My driver carry is around 280 with ball speed of 186.

5 iron carry is 185 but I have drastically shortened my iron swing as well.

Driver:(This video TaylorMade R11 with Ozik X flex)

5 iron:(Mizuno Mp68)

Not bad for an old man.....

MP68  Classic Putter  I20 8.5*  Wedges

RBZ 3 & 5 woods  Hex Black

Owner/Operator Stellar Interiors

[COLOR=FF0000] This is a template for a new "My Swing" thread. [/COLOR] [COLOR=F00][LIST=1] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] Title the thread "My Swing (username)" where "username" is your username. [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] Answer the questions below. [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] EMBED your videos below that. Just click the "video" icon in the toolbar to embed your videos. [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] Delete all of this red text before posting. Make sure the title is correct. [/COLOR] [/LIST] [/COLOR] I've been Playing Golf for: My current handicap index or average score is: My typical ball flight is: The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: [rule] Videos:

Yeah, it helps if you contribute to the site instead of just asking for people's time, especially if you demonstrate through your posts that you're a good guy who can take constructive criticism or one with a sense of humor. Sometimes people ask for advice or critique on their swing but end up in an argument, and subsequently most people won't want to get involved in a thread if they don't know the person's going to be cool with it. That said, the reason people view the thread is that people are curious. All threads have a lot more views than posts.

This goes especially for some of the professionals on here that get paid a decent bit to do exactly what you're asking. The fact it's only been about a week, during a very busy time for everyone, is also a tad short.

As for the swing itself, it looks like you have about 90˚ of overswing, and it looks like you use more energy on a violent backswing than the downswing. I also think you release early and decel a bit into impact. Your iron swing is a bit better though. I have no problem believing your handicap or anything, but it's not the best or the worst swing I've seen. I think it's inefficient as hell, with a couple extra moving parts, but not bad per se.

However, unless you play an illegal driver and ball, there's no way for your ball speed to be 186, even on a perfect hit, with a SS of 118. You'd need 124 mph of swing speed to even make it possible, the smash factor of clubs is limited and tested to 1.5x the swing speed, and that's the most ball speed they can create. I'd recheck my numbers on a real launch monitor, since many are not calibrated right, are juiced to sell clubs, or use guesstimates rather than measurements. 280 carry on 125SS/186 ball speed is awfully low, but for a 110mph swing it's about optimal.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by justasgood

Thanks to everyone that viewed and offered no feedback it was helpful

This text appears at the top of the "My Swings" forum:

Please note: We encourage members who want help with their swings in "My Swing" threads to post elsewhere as well. If you only post your swing it feels like you're using the forum members without giving anything back.

You've posted exactly once elsewhere on this site, and posted your swing video during the holidays, when people tend to be busier and at their computers less.

Happy holidays.

P.S. 186/118 = 1.57627118644068. So yeah, I don't think so. 186/x = 1.49, x = 124. Hmmm.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My apologies. I do have a sense of humor and look forward to contributing. I am self taught so I rely on feedback of others with more knowledge and experience. I mentioned that I have drastically slowed my swing. Over the past week I have been working on shortening my swing.

Here is the result so far.

The ball speed swing speed were given to me at an indoor hitting set up at my local big box. My swing speed has slowed down and the last numbers I saw were Ball speed 172 carry 265. I don't know if that is accurate but I do play to a 6.2 and I am determined to bring it lower with a more repeatable swing and consistent set up.

Again, please accept my apology.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks for a great site,

Kurt

• Administrator

I don't have time to check out the swing right now (except to say that you're not gaining anything by swinging so long and that your weight is well back into your heels), but the machines in stores are notorious for inflating ball speeds and such, and someone who hits the ball 265 should not be playing an XX shaft.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ping error. Should have been x. Ping works currently has it and I will be getting the Project x shaft in a 45".

The long swing has been with me since I began and I got pretty good with it(As long as my timing and tempo were good). The top video is of me slowing my tempo and swing down to try and begin to shorten it. The last post shows a 3/4 swing(In my mind's eye).

I really appreciate any and all feedback(good and harsh)

Regards,

K

Thanks Mike. So should I move back a hair to put a lean and more weight on the balls of my feet?

Thanks Mike. So should I move back a hair to put a lean and more weight on the balls of my feet?

No, getting the head to tilt downward more should take care of the weight. If anything your hands are slightly too far away from your body. But it's marginal. Soften the upper back, let the head hang, which will get the eyes down and the balance at address will improve.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Haha shortened your swing.. Your driver head looked to almost hit your arse! Wish I could do that. Is this the result of major wrist hinge? Or super flexible? Or both! With a 6.7 it Must be a consistant driver

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Originally Posted by Gofas

Haha shortened your swing.. Your driver head looked to almost hit your arse! Wish I could do that. Is this the result of major wrist hinge? Or super flexible? Or both! With a 6.7 it Must be a consistant driver

He posted an updated swing in this thread.  I didn't put the old driver swing into Analyzr but I have the iron swing

Before with an iron and after

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I love this site and we all learn from each other posting up are swings. I see now the improvements in the back swing:)

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

So you are saying to just let my head drop a little and softening my back will bring my weight forward?

• Administrator

So you are saying to just let my head drop a little and softening my back will bring my weight forward?

You may need to make your weight go towards your toes more than just that, but it will do a lot of it. Let it be soft and almost against your chest. Review the "golf posture" thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture/ .

Hey Mike one more thing. I noticed on my back swing, I take the club back flat. Then it seems I lift and bring the club back to the ball from a steeper angle. Question: should I alter my back swing to a steeper angle or somehow eliminate the lift and focus on coming back to the ball on a flatter plane?

Thanks and I hope everyone had a great Christmas,

K.

Note: This thread is 4104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!