IGNORED

Where's Anthony Kim? What ever happened to Anthony Kim?

uscfan
Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

they say the brother is reborn and is selling ladies undergarments.  he invested in an island near samoa is is chilling most. the brother is loked out.

Scheduled to come back on an MME in July. Took 12 months for his Achilles tear.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• 3 months later...

Anyone have any updates on Anthony Kim?  I did a Google news search and came up dry.  The only thing in the news are articles saying he's nowhere to be found (largely due to injury). http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/7/15/4523988/2013-british-open-championship-field-entry-list-jordan-spieth I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the next post isn't someone saying they saw him whooping it up at some bar.

PGA is full of past players who won once or twice and faded away.   J Vegas seems to be in the same path as AK.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

According to sportscenter Anthony Kim has been battling a karaoke addiction.
  • Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Wouldn't it be amazing if golf 'journalists' actually did some reporting on REAL golf stories like this one?  But nah, the golf community seems to be more interested in nonstop WITB articles, Paulina Gretzky, and Michelle Wie's makeup.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Does anyone know Anthony Kim's status? He was a guy I followed pretty closely.  I know about injuries, but he should be back by now, right?  MLB pitchers have recovered from Tommy John surgeries by now and Adrian Peterson and RG3 have both come back from more serious injuries in much less time.

You really can't count on reporters to do any real journalism work anymore.  With the exception of Jimmy Robersts and Tim Rosaforte the Gofl Channel has basically become a network for golf gossip.  Everything else on that network in regards to real reporting is complete garbage.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Google -

Because he didn't commit to this week's Wyndham Championship, Anthony Kim will go the entire 2013 season without competing on the PGA TOUR.
Golf's top mystery is where Anthony Kim has disappeared. IMG told Rotoworld in late March that he was hoping to return to competition in "mid to late summer, but nothing has been determined yet." The golfer hasn't pegged it since withdrawing from the 2012 Wells Fargo Championship. He then underwent surgery on his left leg (Achilles tendon) after dealing with injuries to his left forearm and right elbow. He has a Major Medical Extension (16 starts to earn $613,550) and may qualify to compete in the Web.com Tour Finals. If he doesn't, the soonest we'd see him again is when the PGA TOUR cranks up again in October for the beginning of the 2013-14 season. Aug 13 - 8:24 PM
Take the above, with his penchant for partying, and ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It should be pretty obvious now to everyone what is going on.  The injuries are long past (it's now been a year and half almost).  Since he has 16 tournaments to make over $600K, he needs to be playing well from the get-go.  He is practicing but I'm guessing that his game is nowhere near where it should be.  So he is delaying and delaying.  The problem with that is that being out of competitive golf for a longer and longer time, it will be more and more difficult to get back to a level where AK is at the level where he can compete with everyone who is there in peak form.  I saw him last live at the Wyndham 2011 and he was struggling pretty bad (badly missed tee shots, being way short on par 3's, etc.).  I was a fan (less so now), but I think that he will have the sixteen tournaments that he has to start playing at some point and that'll be it to his PGA Tour career.

It should be pretty obvious now to everyone what is going on.  The injuries are long past (it's now been a year and half almost).  Since he has 16 tournaments to make over $600K, he needs to be playing well from the get-go.  He is practicing but I'm guessing that his game is nowhere near where it should be.  So he is delaying and delaying.  The problem with that is that being out of competitive golf for a longer and longer time, it will be more and more difficult to get back to a level where AK is at the level where he can compete with everyone who is there in peak form.  I saw him last live at the Wyndham 2011 and he was struggling pretty bad (badly missed tee shots, being way short on par 3's, etc.).  I was a fan (less so now), but I think that he will have the sixteen tournaments that he has to start playing at some point and that'll be it to his PGA Tour career.

Just curious - where did you get the "16 tournaments to make over $600K" from?  Is that part of his medical exemption?

To be exact, he has 16 starts in the PGA Tour that he can have (I assume regular tour events where he would be eligible) to earn $613,550.  I don't know if he has a set time limit on when he needs to complete them by.

To be exact, he has 16 starts in the PGA Tour that he can have (I assume regular tour events where he would be eligible) to earn $613,550.  I don't know if he has a set time limit on when he needs to complete them by.

I believe it to be in one calendar year, which is ending in a few days. I believe the 613K would put him in an earning s category equal to 125th place. Basically to keep his card.

an injury that he suffered, would not take this long, 6 months tops with therapy which I'm sure Nike would be more than happy to provide the very best to protect their investment.

I am not convinced we'll see him anytime soon and its a couple decades before the champions tour

• 3 weeks later...
an injury that he suffered, would not take this long, 6 months tops with therapy which I'm sure Nike would be more than happy to provide the very best to protect their investment.

In case you have not noticed. Nike dumped him. He has issues, on and off the course and he's lost all of his sponsors. He lawn darted his career. He's done.

• 4 months later...
Anyone have an update on AK? Is he done?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Administrator

Anyone have an update on AK? Is he done?

He appears to be done: http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.29718.anthony-kim.html/career .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He appears to be done: [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.29718.anthony-kim.html/career]http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.29718.anthony-kim.html/career[/URL] .

Wow. Is it possible that the few $15 closest-to-the-pin prizes I won in 2013 constituted earning more from golf than AK did? As much as I like him, he doesn't strike me as the type to go to the mini tours or practice hard to get through Q-school and then the Nationwide Tour.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Too bad. He was fun to watch for a while.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!