IGNORED

Callaway Visit! Tons of in-hand pics of the 2013 Callaway Razr Xtreme, X Hot Driver, X Hot Fairway, X Hot irons, X Forged irons

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GD, Beach and I had similar problems on this range, just not long enough

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

GD, Beach and I had similar problems on this range, just not long enough

Yeah, that was my first complaint too!  It's only, like what, 380 yards long?  They need to put him back on the roof of the building or something.  I also like that he's hitting the xhot ... my favorite too!

In all seriousness, though, for me, it wouldn't have hurt if it was wider.

• 3 weeks later...
I got to go out there in January, I had never played a Callaway club and was extremely impressed with the entire line. I signed a staff deal with them and just got in all of my clubs for 2013 except the wedges. It is nice to see them rebuilding the brand, great products and finally a good marketing program.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Originally Posted by PGA09

I got to go out there in January, I had never played a Callaway club and was extremely impressed with the entire line. I signed a staff deal with them and just got in all of my clubs for 2013 except the wedges.

It is nice to see them rebuilding the brand, great products and finally a good marketing program.

Definitely agree on rebuilding the brand with great products.  2013 should be a good year for Ely.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Nice!  I can't wait to rock the BOMB STICK tomorrow!!

I love the Blur 005 Shaft - very nice setup.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Nice!  I can't wait to rock the BOMB STICK tomorrow!!

Very tasty. I got to hit this yesterday with the stock Trinity shaft. It's a nice-looking driver (at address -- hate the green!) and feels good too.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Very tasty. I got to hit this yesterday with the stock Trinity shaft. It's a nice-looking driver (at address -- hate the green!) and feels good too.

You can get the club head customized for an extra charge. I think the all black combination is pretty cool looking, just doesn't have much shelf appeal for retailers.

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

I've only played one round with the Xtreme todate (just received it on Friday night)... But on Saturday morning, I hit it pretty well.... 50% of fairways hit which is a little lower than what I've been hitting with the Razr-Fit (closer to 60%).  The difference that I noticed, was on a few drives - I was pounding it - further than I've hit drives in my life (Hole #9).

Hole #1... Missed the fairway by 2yds - had 232 into the pin on a Par 5... Proceeded to top my 3W from the first cut.

Hole #4... Piped down the middle.  I shied away from my 3W based on previous shitastic shot on #1... So played a 5HY to ensure I had a 58* wedge shot into the green. Over cooked the wedge and missed the green, but chipped in for bird from behind the green.  Was probably my best drive of the day in terms of flight and line.

Hole  #5... Got too quick and hooked it into the trees on the left - probably my worst drive of the day.

Hole #7 (18th hole of the day)... Tried to correct my tempo from #5 - and blocked it into the fairway bunker on the right.  Got a sandy par.

Hole #8 (Shotgun start - this was my first hole of the day)...  Piped it down the right hand side - didn't draw and missed the fairway by 3 or 4yds.  Had a perfect lie in the first cut.

Hole #9... Hit one of the longest drives of my life.  Only had 28yds to the green on my approach shot.  The tee box was marked at 343yds... But hit it through the fairway - too long.  I flopped it to 6ft and made the birdie.  Guys in my group were all talking about this drive and how much they wanted to hit it after Phil had been gushing over it in the PGA tournament.

Hole #11... Dead center - left with a PW into the green.

Hole #13... Dead center - and long... Had 220yds left into the Par 5 - but was afraid to hit my 3W as I can't control it from the deck right now.  So I hit a 5HY and was just short of the green.

Hole #14... Too quick and pulled it left.  Bad swing on my part - ball still went far.  Just off line and into the trees.

Hole #15... Dead straight bombed down the middle - had less than 40yds with a little 54* pitch... Missed an 8ft downhill slick birdie putt.

Hole #17... Hit a decent tee shot - was slightly pushed and didn't draw.  Came to rest on the cart path and nearest point of releif (drop) was in the fairway... So I missed my line by about 5yds.

Hole #18... Hit my drive along the right fairway - didn't curve.  Hole is 400yds uphill... Had a 7i into a flag that was 155.  3 putted for bogey.

Overall... I'd say the Xtreme is longer than the Razr-Fit - but I need to figure out how to control it a little better.  I wasn't curving it like I wanted to.  I think I'm going to change the grip on it as it feels a shade small in my hands.  The 005 Blur Stiff in it feels a touch lighter than the Blur 65 Stiff I have in the Razr-Fit - which after looking at the specs side by side... It is 6g lighter which I noticed.

I think the key for me with this driver is that I need to have a controlled swing.  If I try to rip it - I start to hook it.  But I also have the face set to 'S' square, which actually looks a tiny weeny bit closed at address.  So I want to play with an open setting and see if that gets me back to curving the ball a little better (Push Draw).

So, what's the deal? According to callaway's commercials,  Razr Fit Extreme is the driver in golf.  Then in another commercial they claim the X Hot driver is "longer" by up to +32 yards. Ok, I'm lost, which is it?

Razr Fit 9.5 degree with Project X 6.0                                             

Razr Fit 15 degree with Project X 6.0 

X Series 2H,3H,4H and 5H with Dynamic Gold High Launch  

X-22 4-9 PW,AW,SW,LW with True Temper Dynamic Gold SL S300U   

: Odyssey White Hot XG Teron

Callaway Hex Chrome    

2012 14 Way Stand bag  

SG5

I caught the head South African Cally rep at the driving range today with most of the new clubs in his bag. Hit the regular X Hot 3 wood and driver best out of the woods and the X Hot Pros best out of the iron sets.Wanted to like the Extreme and X Forged best -- just to be a playa, yo -- but it was not to be. Hit the X Hot driver exceptionally well at half a degree open and 10 degrees of loft, despite the 46" shaft. Very muted feel, which I like. Could put it in my bag tomorrow bone stock. Need to test one on a monitor against my Wishon 919 -- if there's really a few more mph of ball speed there I may just take it.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Grumpy Golfer

So, what's the deal? According to callaway's commercials,  Razr Fit Extreme is the driver in golf.  Then in another commercial they claim the X Hot driver is "longer" by up to +32 yards. Ok, I'm lost, which is it?

This video explains the differences between the three heads.

The 32 yard claim is the fairway wood. They are saying that it is longer from everywhere by varying degrees, 31 yards off the tee, 32 yards from the fairway, and 13 yards longer from the rough.

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Originally Posted by Grumpy Golfer

I think they got that from me. While I certainly would never buy into or tout any of the OEM's extra yardage claims [Side note:  Did anybody see that Taylor Made is doubling down with Rocketballz now?  Last year it was "17 more yards" and now with the stage 2 it's "17+10."] I absolutely did hit an x hot 3 wood 280 yards during our Callaway visit, while my current 3 wood is 240 at best.  Heck, my current driver (razrfit, and even the x hot driver I have coming) doesn't hardly ever go 280.

(Note:  My 3 wood numbers are off a tee)

So just how obsolete are my 2012 Razr Fits? Probably not as much as the commercials claim I hope ? Damn marketing people :(

Razr Fit 9.5 degree with Project X 6.0                                             

Razr Fit 15 degree with Project X 6.0 

X Series 2H,3H,4H and 5H with Dynamic Gold High Launch  

X-22 4-9 PW,AW,SW,LW with True Temper Dynamic Gold SL S300U   

: Odyssey White Hot XG Teron

Callaway Hex Chrome    

2012 14 Way Stand bag  

SG5

Note: This thread is 4067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!