IGNORED

Fantasy Golf 2013

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are we able to switch the roster now since its canceled?

If you switch now, it will be for the second round, and you would still lose a start with whoever you you had in for round one. Yahoo is pretty good, but this issue does come up when rounds get cancelled or delayed as they don't adjust their deadlines for changing your roster to go in line with the new time lines.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you switch now, it will be for the second round, and you would still lose a start with whoever you you had in for round one. Yahoo is pretty good, but this issue does come up when rounds get cancelled or delayed as they don't adjust their deadlines for changing your roster to go in line with the new time lines.

Makes sense thanks

I'd also like to know when an opening is available in the league; the beginning of the tour season kind of snuck up on me.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

FWIW (just posting this because it took me a while to figure this out) if anyone wants to leave the league go to this page: http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf and hit "Leave a League" beneath the "Teams" and "Groups" tables.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TimG3394

Makes sense thanks

I just checked the Yahoo site and they have adjusted the round 1 roster deadline to January 5th at 9:30 AM PST. The other 3 rounds have not been adjusted though, so if you were having second thoughts on who you first picked, you could switch them before this time.

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I'd also like to know when an opening is available in the league; the beginning of the tour season kind of snuck up on me.

Will do; I will keep weekly updates going on who won the week, if spots open up etc...

Well, this has been a bust for Fantasy Golf so far...just checked Yahoo and you they have reset the deadlines for roster changes again, so if you are having any second thoughts on your roster with the 54 holes tomorrow and 18 on Tuesday, you can still make changes without a start counting against you for who you sub out.

6th year playing Fantasy Golf and I have never seen a tourney with this much disruption.

Good luck to all.

If Kapalua is a bust, do this week's picks still count as one of our 10?

No they would be scratched and not counted against our 10 starts. I assume this as I have never been in fantasy golf when a whole tourney has been a wash. If we get any points for the guy and the tourney awards a winner, it probably will count.

Can we change our lineup after today's round?

New to fantasy golf, not really sure how this all works.

Thanks, Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Originally Posted by Club Rat

Can we change our lineup after today's round?

New to fantasy golf, not really sure how this all works.

Thanks, Club Rat

Yes you can, but you will lose a start for each player you put in play, even if it is just for one round. If you look to the right of your roster, it will give you the deadlines for roster changes for each round. This week with all the delays etc... has been messed up, but it isn't usually like that.

good luck.

Thanks Go Golfing,

Question, If you had a chance for a bench player to win or place in the top 5, wouldn't it be worth a "start?"

Chances are that player may not win again, or in my case -"I'll probably have them on the bench once again"

Club Rat

I have Stricker, Snedeker and Bradley all on the bench.

Wouldn't I be better off to have these guys active for the final round?

I sure know how to pick'em, but suck at selecting the right time to play them.

Just like I used to do in fantasy football.

Club Duff !!!!!!

Thanks Go Golfing, Question, If you had a chance for a bench player to win or place in the top 5, wouldn't it be worth a "start?" Chances are that player may not win again, or in my case -"I'll probably have them on the bench once again" Club Rat

Probably worth it. Points are awarded out of how they do each round. If a player is best on the day, they get the max points for that round, but if they crapped the bed the next round and shot +6, they may get 0 points for the round. After final round, top 3 get bonus points: first is bonus 20, second is bonus 10 and third is bonus 5. So if your guy places the bonus points can really help your weekly total points and may be worth burning the start, especially if it is someone who you may not use 10 starts for over the season.

Points for rounds one and 2 are now posted on the Yahoo site. You can also now make changes to your roster for the final round if you want to. You have until 9:10 AM PST to make the changes.

Thats all good but its a joke as I have johnson and stricker on bench try to add them to starting line up for the bonus points(assuming they top 3) yet its got the Sony open players open. So stricker not playing (weird). GRRRRRRRR

Thats all good but its a joke as I have johnson and stricker on bench try to add them to starting line up for the bonus points(assuming they top 3) yet its got the Sony open players open. So stricker not playing (weird). GRRRRRRRR

Click on week one... I just changed my round 3 lineup

Originally Posted by urashanker

Yes this week has been frustrating with all the delays and Yahoo pool is not usually this frustrating. You can still change your final round roster for 2 more hours as indyvai pointed out, you just have to click on week 1 above your roster and it will go back to the Tournament of Champions.

Hopefully the rest of the season has few delays...

Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!