Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooker80

Tuneable Irons?

3 posts in this topic

When will manufacturers make irons that are tuneable like drivers and fairway woods are? Would tuneability even be necessary in irons?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Maltby makes a line ( KE4 ) that have replaceable screw-weights.  I doubt you'll find much more than weight ports though because most iron 'tuning' is done by simply bending the clubhead itself.

Originally Posted by Hooker80

Would tuneability even be necessary in irons?

Not really, no. You can't set them "open" or "closed" and you change lofts by... using a different set of irons (or bending each hosel). :)

It'd be cost prohibitive and not worth a whole lot to put those features in irons.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • What'd You Shoot Today?
      76 today 36 on the front 40 on the back I started off hitting the ball better than I ever had. I didn't miss a fairway until somewhere on the back 9 and the only thing that kept me from going low was not being able to convert on key birdie opportunities. Had a real good look at shooting under par but I let my swing get a little quick on the final holes as I played the closing three at +4. Despite a couple errant tee shots and a 4 -putt (yes, a 4-putt...), this was a pretty clean round for me. I feel good going into a 4 day break.  
    • The Tiger Woods/PED Thread
      Tiger never got "so big." Have you seen the dude in person? He was not an imposing figure. This is a myth. I get that he can look pretty stacked on TV, but he's not: his shirts were tight, and he was fit, but he wasn't "so big." Like most men, he filled out from the time he was 20 until he was 26, 27…
    • The Tiger Woods/PED Thread
      Wrong again! I loved Tiger when he was out there dominating the game. He was great for golf, bringing new fans and attention to the sport. I attended the WGC Bridgestone in Akron when Tiger was in his ascendancy. I tried to follow him, but it was impossible! He had to be dragging 10,000 people around the course! But I, like many others, began to wonder when Tiger got so big. Remember when he first came on tour? A skinny string bean with big, thick glasses. When he showed up at Stanford it was his teammate, Notah Begay, who tagged him with the nickname "Urkel"! Even though Woods and Begay became friends, I don't think Tiger liked "Urkel" very much. And it's been reported that Tiger didn't like the idea of golfers not being considered "real" athletes either. So, if Tiger was juicing he never got caught. Neither did Bonds, Sosa or McGwire. There is no proof, but suspicions remain. It's kind of sad to see Tiger in his current state, trying to claw his way back to the tour. No doubt he has enough money to last the rest of his and his kid's lives, but you don't get to where he was unless you are competitive. I think that might be what Tiger misses the most. I just remembered that he named his yacht "Privacy" because, at the time, that is what he craved. Well, he has plenty of it now. Wonder how that's sitting with him?
    • The Films and Movies Thread
      Black Mass
      The story about the infamous crime lord Whitey Bulger. It starred Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger. Benedict Cumberbatch played his brother, and US Senator Billy Bulger. This was an enthralling movie to watch. I give it a tap in Birdie. I give Johnny Depp an birdie performance. He was totally convincing playing Whitey Bulger.  Kung Fury
      This is a little gem I found when I was hanging out with my friends just skimming through Netflix. This is a movie that was crowd funded through kickstarter. It has that cheesy 80's action movie coupled with cheesy kung-fu movie feel to it. It just works brilliantly to give you an over the top 30 minutes of enjoyment. I give it an birdie for outstanding exaggerated fun and enjoyment.     
    • Steph Curry
      Watching Steph make clutch 3s from mid court routinely must be like watching Spieth putt those 15-20 footers knowly there always a chance goes in no matter how tough the green is
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries