IGNORED

When Not To Post Scores?

LovinItAll
Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by phan52

Where are you? Most Golf Associations that are in weather conditions like that have their handicap systems shut down until April 1.

I am in AZ, Phoenix Metro in fact.  But we were playing in a small town just south called Maricopa and it was cold.  It was 35 degrees (according to my car) when I pulled into the parking lot and I ask the starter when we teed off and he said the thermometer said 34.  Breeze was scheduled (per the weather service) to be about 3-5 MPH and I suspect it was.  That sort of temperatures and weather are getting uncommon here in the valley these days but it still happens on occasion.

Just for information however at one time it was not uncommon for AZ to have both the coldest and hottest temp in the Nation in Winter.  But they closed the weather station in Maverick, AZ and so not often that is the case anymore.

Butch

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Actually it will never affect your handicap unless it becomes one of your 10 best before it drops off after 20 more rounds.

Actually, it could affect your handicap by bumping off a good round from the last 20 rounds.

Thanks for the replies. My score from the uber windy day has been posted. I'm not sure one made one of my points clearly, to wit: - My home course is subject to very high winds quite often. The winds are unique to our course, so the entire golfing community in my area will typically play in easier conditions. - I'd like to play more tournament golf this year. As it stands, I think I'll be competing primarily in gross divisions. However, if I end up in a net division, it is very possible that my index could have been significantly affected by high wind conditions, thereby making it more likely to shoot an 'unusually low' tournament score. We aren't even in the windy season yet. From what I understand, March and April bring winds of 20+ several days per week at my home course, while courses in the valley (the rest of the golfing community) do not experience the same conditions. It is what it is, though, and I suppose the committee at whatever tournament in which I may play has probably dealt with the issue before. Thanks, and Happy New Year to everyone. P.S. Yes I understand that only the top 10 of 20 scores are used to compute index. As posters have mentioned, the knocking out of lower scores potentially raises one's index, and with the sheer number of days with unusual conditions (relative to the rest of the area), I just don't want to be accused of sandbagging.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yeah, we already covered that. ;)

Sorry, not sure how I missed that.  At any rate I agree with your earlier comments.

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!