IGNORED

Tiger unwelcome at aussie event ...

inthehole
Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

pretty harsh ... would seem to be far more to this than meets the eye.

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/12/truth-rumors-tiger-not-welcome-at-aussie-course.html?sct=obnetwork

"Tiger Woods isn't the No 1 golfer in the world any more," Palmer said. "We don't want to look backwards, we want to look forwards. So why would you get Tiger Woods here? I would prefer to have Peter Senior than Tiger Woods.

"I am sure Peter Senior could beat Tiger Woods on a good day. I am sure he could.

"Tiger Woods has improved a lot but he's an emotional wreck and he's not a good example for kids, anyway."

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/12/truth-rumors-tiger-not-welcome-at-aussie-course.html?sct=obnetwork#ixzz2GJKJ5H9S

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For those who read this, that's Clive Palmer, the local crckpot, not Arnold Palmer the hall of famer.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

This seemed pretty strange until I read the linked article about the large dinosaur he built between the 9th and 10th that not only moves but roars.  He has some 'interesting' ideas for the course too by the sounds of it.

Brad

Why would any tourney not want Tiger there. He draws people in to watch. He is better to have at your event than a giant damn dinosaur. But, if Clive would rather have a dinosaur than Tiger, that is his choice. I am sure the Australian PGA can find a better place to host an event.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

This guy is the local equivalent of Donald Trump , total space cadet. He's also building a replica of the Titanic in China , who will be game enough to go on that maiden voyage? The Dinosaur at Coolum , he wants to put a couple of hundred more around the course. It's a pretty sure bet the PGA won't be at this froot loops course next year so his opinion on Tiger Woods don't mean squat .

The next best thing to having Tiger at your event is having all the press reporting on your bashing of Tiger......

Originally Posted by Hooker80

Maybe so, but he sure went out of his way to bash Tiger.

Reverse psychology. He wants Tiger to show up with a chip on his shoulder, throw out f-bombs, set the course record, and lead the charge where he, Ben Crane and the Golf Boys plus 1000 fans tip that T-Rex over and stomp it into a bazillion pieces. Hey, I'd pay to see that.

The guy is an idiot, Tiger still draws the biggest galleries and is the most recognized name on Tour.  Sounds like this guy took a page out of Miceli's handbook on how to get famous bashing Tiger.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by x129

The next best thing to having Tiger at your event is having all the press reporting on your bashing of Tiger......

Exactly what I was thinking! A very unoriginal attempt to drum up interest in an event.

The T-Rex is really what I took from the article......imagine that at Amen corner !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18

The T-Rex is really what I took from the article......imagine that at Amen corner !

T-Rex eating the windmill ... now that's a hole!

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!