IGNORED

I need work done on my irons and wedges

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a set of tour edge v-blades that I need lengthened... Easy question I need to go +1"... So would extensions be okay or should I get new shafts... Secondly my lies need to be adjusted to 2° upright... Tour Edge quoted me $29 a club (new shafts, lie adjustment, new grips) should I do that or take them to the golf shop and have the adjustments made with the extensions?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At one inch, I'd get the set redone if you're a serious player.

$29 is a decent price for all of that - I assume the shaft is the typical DGS300. I would also have them adjust loft while adjusting lie.

However, and there is always a "however," you may not get the consistency you want in terms of specs between clubs by the typical OEM. They generally do not spine/flo or go for frequency consistency between shafts, and do not give you a large choice of shafts.

If you are keeping those irons and playing competitively, I would go to a reputable professional club maker for a fitting, shaft selection, and rebuild. You will, however, pay more than $29 for a professional club maker to get a quality rebuild.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm probably gonna go with s300 or x100... I could get project x 6.5, kbs tour s or x or pure feel steel x... Tour edge has choices... They are excellent clubs... I'm a 10 handicap by the way

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

I'm probably gonna go with s300 or x100... I could get project x 6.5, kbs tour s or x or pure feel steel x... Tour edge has choices... They are excellent clubs... I'm a 10 handicap by the way

Oh, yes, they are excellent clubs, but that does not mean they do excellent club work. You want consistent shaft frequencies, and typically, that is really tough to do w DG shafts, which are weight sorted. Frequencies can be all over the place and frequently are all over the place. Also, adjusting the lie affects the loft so one must always check both to make certain they are correct. Also, have you had grip size checked? I was surprised to learn I needed two wraps - thought my hands were fairly normal, and grip has a big effect on swing.

The short answer is that if you want it done to exacting standards, you need a real professional.

Check this guy out as an example. He is a perfectionist.  Just north of Boston, not inexpensive, but he gives you great work and will do it by mail. Lots of forum guys use him.

www.aceofclubstp.com

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I checked him out... kind of out of my price range right now... but I agree with you... he knows what he's doing... TourEdge has a lifetime warranty on their clubs... so I may go that route or get the shafts myself... and get them done locally... I found a guy just outside of town that is supposed to be the best in the area... and will do ir for just slightly more than TourEdge... but it evens out because of what it costs for shipping

What's in Shane's Bag?     

What about black gold they are frequency tuned

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

... You want consistent shaft frequencies, and typically, that is really tough to do w DG shafts, which are weight sorted. Frequencies can be all over the place and frequently are all over the place. ...

It's possible to match shaft frequencies with DG, but someone would have to go through a batch of them to locate eight which were pretty close to the same frequency.

One custom club guy said he would start with 12 DG initially, and then select the eight which were closest on frequency match. (If frequency differences were really high, he would test more shafts to try to get closer). I'm not sure what his "quality control" cutoff was for close on frequency match.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

well Dynamic Gold X100 was where I was going to go... however... I was thinking of staying on the True Temper template and going with Black Gold can still get X-flex... but very hard to come by...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!