IGNORED

Tim Tebow as a Starter.

Derrick Parker
Note: This thread is 2801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He's already been on the Biggest Loser so I guess that's the direction he's headed.

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Tim Tebow will be on reality TV in no time.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

They finished 8-8 because they play in a weak division and lost 45-10 in the DIVISIONAL round of the playoffs.

Hardly a season for the record books.

Tebow stinks. He's as likely to be out of football in six years as he is to be a first choice starting QB for an NFL team.

Not to mention all of this talk about having to alter the offense to fit him as though that actually created something effective.  Denver's offense was terrible, and the defense completely carried that team, yet Tebow still gets all the credit.  The Broncos scored a whopping 18 points a game, including a defense that was creating an inordinate amount of turnovers and points themselves.  The only playoff team they beat with Tebow at the helm was Pittsburgh in the playoffs, a game that Tebow admittedly played well in.

Also have to love the comments about all the coaches and GMs in the NFL being idiots.  Clearly all of us on an internet golf forum know more about football than them.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

This has nothing to do with Ryan, Ryan is a great defensive coordinator but he's unproven as a head coach.  To date he has taken the Jets to 2 championship games and missed the  playoffs twice.  If he has another bad year in 2013, he'll be fired as the Jets head coach.

In 2011 Tebow played in 14 games, started 11.  he completed 46.5% of his passes for 1,728 yards (6.4 y/att) threw 12 TD and 6 INT with a QB rating of 72.9.  Tebow averaged 123.5 passing yards per game, those stats are not starting QB worthy in the NFL.

Originally Posted by Derrick Parker

So a guy who takes a mediocre team that starts at 1-4 to the championship of their division and wins his first playoff game against the Steelers is not a good QB? Okay fine, and Ryan is going to be a Hall of Famer Coach. I get it now.....I stand corrected.

Joe Paradiso

Just saw an article saying they fired the GM. I think that should have fired Ryan, but in hindsight, it was the GM that acquired Tebow and created the drama that is "who is the Jets' starting QB."

Tebow's throwing motion has been exploited since his first year in the NFL and his style of play at Florida didn't do anything to help alleviate any flaws he had. From what I remember, Tebow was a "Run First, Throw Second" type QB, which only applies trick/gadget plays. By now, Tebow should realize this and just change his position to a full back or something to that sort. Tebow should only get the ball when another QB hands it off to him.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

This has nothing to do with Ryan, Ryan is a great defensive coordinator but he's unproven as a head coach.  To date he has taken the Jets to 2 championship games and missed the  playoffs twice.  If he has another bad year in 2013, he'll be fired as the Jets head coach.

In 2011 Tebow played in 14 games, started 11.  he completed 46.5% of his passes for 1,728 yards (6.4 y/att) threw 12 TD and 6 INT with a QB rating of 72.9.  Tebow averaged 123.5 passing yards per game, those stats are not starting QB worthy in the NFL.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Tennebaum was going to fired as GM, the surprise was they didn't keep him to manage the salary cap and Johnson fired him so quickly.  Ryan needs to go back to the coach he was in 2009 and 2010.  In 2011 and 2012 he got to political and tried too hard to be liked.  He appears to be attempting to model himself after Parcells but he's not Parcells, so I'm not sure if having him in the head coach spotlight is the best place for him to be.

The biggest issue he faces imo is the Jets missed the window to go to the Super Bowl and are close to being a team that needs to rebuild.  Their linebackers are old, Revis is likely to hold out in 2013, DeVito and both their safeties are without contracts for 2013 and will ask for a lot more money next year.  On the offensive side, the line played poorly this year, they don't have a real starting QB and their RB's and WR's are average.  They need an offensive coordinator that can look at what's there and devise an offense that will give them the best chance to win games but it's not an easy task.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Just saw an article saying they fired the GM. I think that should have fired Ryan, but in hindsight, it was the GM that acquired Tebow and created the drama that is "who is the Jets' starting QB."

Joe Paradiso

Tebow isn't a starter because he's just not that good.  Great athlete no doubt just not a great quarterback.  He doesn't have the accuracy or the arm strength for the NFL.  The wildcat has been figured out by teams that now prepare for it and it just doesn't work against good defenses.

If I was a coach and had Tebow on my team, I would make him shed all that weight he put on.  Get him down to 220-230 pounds and try him out in the slot postition.  I think that could maximize his talents.  He'd get the ball off the line quickly, already running and then let him do what he does.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Quote:
P.S. Boogie, the Steelers OL is porous, so Ben has to scramble to save his life.

Yeah, didn't want to mention that, but Ben is often having to scramble right after the snap.  The Pats best coach over the last 10 years has been Scarnecchia, the O-line coach.  He can take undrafted players and make starters out of them.  Coaching starts from the line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tebow is not an NFL QB and probably never will be but he might be able to stay in the league for a couple years depending on if he moves to another position. Now as for the theory of the NFL getting away from the drop back QBs do you remember the wildcat? Defenses figured it out and now it's barely used so I'm guessing defenses will figure out the read option and it will phase out in the future. Plus the read option is great until your QB has his arm broken running out of the back field plus RG3 and Cam can throw so they won't need to rely on the read option.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Tebow is not an NFL QB and probably never will be but he might be able to stay in the league for a couple years depending on if he moves to another position. Now as for the theory of the NFL getting away from the drop back QBs do you remember the wildcat? Defenses figured it out and now it's barely used so I'm guessing defenses will figure out the read option and it will phase out in the future. Plus the read option is great until your QB has his arm broken running out of the back field plus RG3 and Cam can throw so they won't need to rely on the read option.

This.

And... Tebow has a wind up that makes Byron Leftwich look like Dan Marino.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Tim may not be a great passing quaterback, but he will be a great QB one day, in the style of Joe Kapp.

No offense, but this one of the craziest things I have ever read on here. Tebow is an absolutely terrible QB. He will be forgotten in 2 years.

I watched "A Football Life" yesterday where the NFL channel profiled Tim Tebow and compared him with other QB's who did not fit the mold, such as Doug Flutie, Kordell Stewart, and Steve Young. It was a fascinating show to watch because each of those guys needed time in the league to develop into good QB's. Doug Flutie had to play a few years in the Canadian Football league so that NFL teams could trust that he was a good player, and he eventually played well in the league. Kordell Stewart, Slash, played all over the field, receiver, running back, but eventually was a good QB, and lastly Steve Young was pretty awful in his early years in Tampa Bay, but once he got a chance to learn and see how Montana did it, he improved himself and won a Super Bowl. The message was it is too early to tell how/if Tim is going to be successful. Steve Young pointed out that he must admit he has flaws in his footwork and then he can work on them to improve, but Steve believed he could do it. Personally, I believe Tim has not had a chance to properly learn how to play QB in the NFL. He was thrust into the job in Denver when the team was struggling, and then went to the Jets where nobody wanted him. I believe he would have benefited immensely if he had stayed in Denver and learned from Manning the work ethic necessary to be great. I think at Florida he could wing it and be successful and he tried to take that mentality to the NFL and it doesn't work. I would venture a bet that the Florida offense was 1/10th the complexity that the NFL versions are. Add the fact that he has mechanical flaws and most will say he is a bust. He needs to learn how to properly play the position (especially preparation and film study) from a great and at the same time fix his footwork. I believe if he does those things he can be a decent NFL QB.

Michael

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mchepp

I watched "A Football Life" yesterday where the NFL channel profiled Tim Tebow and compared him with other QB's who did not fit the mold, such as Doug Flutie, Kordell Stewart, and Steve Young. It was a fascinating show to watch because each of those guys needed time in the league to develop into good QB's. Doug Flutie had to play a few years in the Canadian Football league so that NFL teams could trust that he was a good player, and he eventually played well in the league. Kordell Stewart, Slash, played all over the field, receiver, running back, but eventually was a good QB, and lastly Steve Young was pretty awful in his early years in Tampa Bay, but once he got a chance to learn and see how Montana did it, he improved himself and won a Super Bowl.

Disagree with the parts about Kordell Stewart becoming a good QB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by mchepp

... Steve Young was pretty awful in his early years in Tampa Bay, but once he got a chance to learn and see how Montana did it, he improved himself and won a Super Bowl.

The message was it is too early to tell how/if Tim is going to be successful. Steve Young pointed out that he must admit he has flaws in his footwork and then he can work on them to improve, but Steve believed he could do it.

As a lifelong Bucs fan I can assure you that Steve Young's awfulness in Tampa Bay had more to do with the organization and the cast around him than it did with him.  I have no doubt that having Montana as a mentor helped him develop, but Steve Young at his worst > Tim Tebow at his best.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Disagree with the parts about Kordell Stewart becoming a good QB.

Yeah, that is probably fair. Good might have been too strong a word, but he was a legitimate starter and managed a decent career. [quote name="bwdial" url="/t/63929/tim-tebow-as-a-starter/30#post_795765"] As a lifelong Bucs fan I can assure you that Steve Young's awfulness in Tampa Bay had more to do with the organization and the cast around him than it did with him.  I have no doubt that having Montana as a mentor helped him develop, but Steve Young at his worst > Tim Tebow at his best. [/quote] Not sure I agree with your equation, I don't think we have seen Tebow at his NFL best yet. (Note: If he doesn't fix his mechanics, work harder to learn the offense and study film we actually might never see his best)

Michael

Tim Tebow not being a Starter much less a good QB is based on Prejudice and not on Facts.

Here are some cold hard ones for you.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tim-tebow-could-have-saved-5-gms-7-coaches-and-9-teams/20537/

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

• Administrator

Tim Tebow not being a Starter much less a good QB is based on Prejudice and not on Facts.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tim-tebow-could-have-saved-5-gms-7-coaches-and-9-teams/20537/

That's one fact - and it's a calculated statistic based on the limited action Tebow has seen. Virtually every other fact anyone can bring up about Tim Tebow points to him being a poor QB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What prejudice are you referring to?  Is this the religious reference or consensus among NFL GM's that his arm, reads and release aren't good enough to be a starting NFL QB?

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!