IGNORED

Tim Tebow as a Starter.

Derrick Parker
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tim Tebow refuses position change:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9640640/tim-tebow-refused-change-positions-report?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm;_medium=twitter

That is consistent with what I heard as well regarding his time with the Pats.  They knew Gronk was hurt and AH had legal trouble so they brought in Tebow as TE/QB3 but he balked at playing TE and couldn't make the team as QB3.  He's just not good enough as only a QB to warrant a roster spot.  He's an amazing athlete and person but he lacks the release and timing a pro QB needs to make it in the NFL.

If he ever agrees to play TE or FB he has the potential to be very good and the fact he can take snaps at QB makes him even more valuable.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

If the Pats and Jets didn't want him, perhaps instead he should look to the Sox and Mets?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17372683/twenty-mlb-teams-attend-tim-tebow-workout-aug-30

Or re-enroll into college under a new name. Poor guy doesn't know when he's done. Reminds me of this guy. 

image.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Or re-enroll into college under a new name. Poor guy doesn't know when he's done. Reminds me of this guy. 

image.jpeg

To be fair to Tim Tebow, though ... coach DID put him in and they DID win "state."  Twice.

And if he offered me a bet that he could throw the ball over them mountains over there, I would politely decline.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

To be fair to Tim Tebow, though ... coach DID put him in and they DID win "state."  Twice.

And if he offered me a bet that he could throw the ball over them mountains over there, I would politely decline.

He could. But I would bet him it would be intercepted and run back for a touchdown!

• Upvote 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Whatever anyone thinks about Tebow, I'll always remember fondly the TD that sunk the rotten, lousy Steelers in the playoffs a few years back. That was awesome.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Whatever anyone thinks about Tebow, I'll always remember fondly the TD that sunk the rotten, lousy Steelers in the playoffs a few years back. That was awesome.

No deep safety?? No deep safety?? :-P

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
5 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

That game shouldn't have even been in Denver.

But hey, how about them Bungles?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

That game shouldn't have even been in Denver.

But hey, how about them Bungles?

I hate the Steelers way more than I like the Bengals.

Besides, they actually win more games than they lose in most years recently. I old enough to know that ain't all bad.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, mcanadiens said:

Typical. Though more typical of Browns fans, really.

Worry about your own team. How far did the Bengals get in the playoffs that year? Or last year? :-P

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Worry about your own team. How far did the Bengals get in the playoffs that year? Or last year? :-P

Is there a way to issue negative reputation. :pound:

- Shane

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Or any of the three years before that. I know what they've done.

There is a bunch of bitching by some people, but I remember the 90s. The novelty of watching a team make the playoffs hasn't gotten old for me.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Is there a way to issue negative reputation. :pound:

Yeah. You move to Florida because your team is so bad… ;-)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

One other quick question for you @iacas. Have the Steelers bought a leash for Porter yet?

No. They said some guy dressed in orange and black bought them all for some guy named "Vontaze."

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah. You move to Florida because your team is so bad… ;-)

Yeah. And now my son wants to order Sunday Ticket so he can watch them lose. :mad:

- Shane

14 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I'll never understand this.  My dad is the same way - despises the Yankees and Giants way more than he likes the Dodgers.

Of course, I don't even understand caring enough about a team to worry about what happens more than about 3 seconds after any game ends.  I enjoy watching games sometimes and enjoy seeing my teams do well (which never happens) but just don't care about any of it once the games are over.

5 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I'll never understand this.  My dad is the same way - despises the Yankees and Giants way more than he likes the Dodgers.

Of course, I don't even understand caring enough about a team to worry about what happens more than about 3 seconds after any game ends.  I enjoy watching games sometimes and enjoy seeing my teams do well (which never happens) but just don't care about any of it once the games are over.

If you aren't a hater its hard to explain, but It is the hate that keeps you warm.

Not sure if that helps.

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!