IGNORED

Bending Callaway RAZR X Irons

Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Callaway RAZR X irons need to be bent to 2 degrees upright after going through a fitting. What type of stainless steel is used for these iron heads? I need to know if I can have them adjusted by a club maker locally. If they are 17-4 stainless steel I would ship them to Callaway for this lie adjustment? I sent and email to Callaway before New Years, but no answer as of today.

Lew

Only forged clubs can be bent, cast 17-4 stain stainless might not allow that much bending. Also, any club fitter should have the stuff to bend irons.. If he doesnt, i wouldnt trust his expertise.

Its also has to do with the shaft. If it's a bore-through shaft which a lot of the callaways are, they can't be bent or the shaft breaks. A bore-through is where the shaft goes all the way through the head and exits on the bottom. You can see it at the bottom of the head (example: titleist 905 drivers, callaway x14 irons). Those heads are cast at the factory in either upright of flat and are almost impossible to bend. The shaft needs to be removed before bending. Good luck!

Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!