Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpbrown

My Swing (mpbrown)

6 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years total. Just restarted after 3 years off.

My current handicap index or average score is: 15 (pending)

My typical ball flight is: High and fading slightly.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Wayward slice 40% when driving.

Hey guys, was just out hitting a few balls into the net i just bought and decided to try a quick video of my swing.

Its not the best quality but will endeavor to get something better ASAP.

Was just hoping for a few quick pointers before uploading another video in another couple of weeks.

**Please note the video is shot from about knee level so looks a tad funny.

Driver front on

Videos:

Driver back end

Cheers for any feedback and especially constructive criticism

Matt

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Swing looks good to me, maybe work on tempo a little. Having shoes on would probably help. I'm sure other will have more to say. But it looks good.

Not quite enough turn causing a hurry up from top which shows you not powering thru finish.

Looks like your hands are a little far from your body and the transfer of weight to your front foot needs work. You didn't give your distances but I would give you about 230-240 on your drives...

Would the weight transfer be something that could be affecting my slight slice off the drive? Also, distance wise I'm around the 230-240metre (250-260yards) range. But with a decent swing and strike I've driven 300 yards on a few occasions. That was going balls out with my swing and connected well which only happens about 5% of the time.

Originally Posted by mpbrown

Would the weight transfer be something that could be affecting my slight slice off the drive?

Also, distance wise I'm around the 230-240metre (250-260yards) range. But with a decent swing and strike I've driven 300 yards on a few occasions. That was going balls out with my swing and connected well which only happens about 5% of the time.

No that would be your slightly over the top wing plane that is causing the slice.