Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satch

Hitting a Draw

3 posts in this topic

I am having some trouble trying to develop a controlled draw. I have gone to the range many times and have learned how to hit a controlled fade but not a draw. I need to learn how to hit a draw because there isn't to many dog legs right in the area I live in. If you guys can give me any advice on drills that I could do at the range that would be gladly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Satch,

Check out the Instruction section and you will find plenty of information about hitting a draw.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Without knowing a thing about your swing:

Draws are hit with a clubface pointing RIGHT of the target (you're a righty), and a path that's FARTHER to the right.

The connection between your left arm and your chest? Keep it. Increase it throughout the backswing (it will move across your chest slightly, but keep your left upper arm, just below your armpit, connected to your chest).

Takes the hands in deeper, takes the clubhead in deeper, and makes it much more difficult to swing to the left.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Signing an Incorrect Scorecard
      It matters. Please read the last paragraph of my original post (the one that explains why I'm tracking a bogus HI). I'm using an online Handicap tracker. My HI is not legitimate on a couple levels. I don't belong to a club and I play the vast majority of my rounds by myself. That's why I don't show a HI in my profile. It's only important that I play by the rules because I want an honest assessment of my progress. I may never play in a tournament, but if I do, I'd like to be bit more familiar with how these things are done. Just because I suck at golf doesn't mean I can try to learn the rules.
    • Hitting behind the ball and making deep divots...
      I took a look at your my swing thread - looks like you've gotten some good advice there and made some solid improvements.  FWIW - I posted this thread here called "What is the Secret of the Golf Swing" . .and I said that, for me, it was realizing how not to aim at the ball.  This "realization" helped me fix a lot of the things I see in your swing.  I'd been told lots and lots of times - don't hit at the ball, swing through to the target . but it didn't make sense to me . .until one day it suddenly did.  Anyway - while I suffered from this misconception - I had a variety of bad shots.  On my good days I could hit it pretty good.  On my bad days anything could happen . .I could slice it, hit it fat, pull hook it, top it, skull it, etc.  Anyway - it's not as easy as just "don't hit at the ball" . .or, as I think of it.  .don't aim "the energy of your swing at the back of the ball".   Speaking just for myself, it took a lot of practice and lessons to get to where I could "suddenly have this realization".  But . .in the meantime - you are hitting it fat (or whatever) because you're making a lot of corrections for some fundamentals that are off.  And, for sure, fatigue would have a lot to do with it.  The more fatigued you are, the less likely you'll be to make this corrections successfully .  If you get lessons or sign up for evolvr or just keep posting in the myswing thread - you can get the (slow) way forward - it's by focusing on one thing and then the next and then the next and yada yada.  I couldn't say what your "next thing" to work on is, though.     
    • "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016
      Practicing different speeds of backswing almost making a drill of it.  Super slow checking positions, then slow, then kind of slow and swing  . I think I had one day of my reply to topic not posting bc sometimes my phone is crappy but was able to do the next morning and had two entries that day.  Its up to the powers that be if I completed the challenge. 
    • My Swing (Masher41)
      Better video. Full swing.
    • Presidential Race 2016
      I wouldn't trust a FOX poll more than i would trust an NBC poll.  Most polls have the undecided vote easily in the high teens to over 20%, http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/of-course-trump-can-win/ Here are the questions FOX'd asked. Not really exactly the title they showed in that article. Also, they asked the people, "If you don't know: Well, which way do you lean?". That is a crap question to just to tighten up the uncertainty. That way they can just clump them all under Trump or Hillary when they might actually be truly undecided.  This poll is skewed towards the two minority parties anyways. Here is the national party affiliation, http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx The nation is 25% Republican, 44% Independent, and 31% Democrat. The people who answered the poll identified as 40% democrat (+9%), 41% Republican (+17%), 16% Independent ( -28%). No wonder Hillary and Trump got in the mid 40's, that is who they asked the questions from.   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. obwan
      obwan
      (70 years old)
    2. rkim291968
      rkim291968
      (54 years old)
  • Blog Entries