IGNORED

Camera experts - what do you think of this article about high frame rate cameras?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From the Guardian

It mentions models from Canon, Panasonic and of course Casio.

I didn't know there was software that slow motions your video after the fact, but it's expensive and I'm dubious of the quality.

A commenter noted that the Galaxy Note II does slow motion. Dunno if true or not. Do any smartphone cameras do high frames per second yet?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, for the most part, about getting a digital camera with the best resolution that shoots 120 or 240fps. I actually do own the Casio EX-ZR100 and up to 240fps is all that's needed for me. The resolution is as decribed, just below standard but it's still pretty detailed. Biggest issue is you do need good lighting for HS. It was also pretty hard to find in the US. I actually got mine off ebay shipped from Japan.

I just downloaded an app called SloPro for the iPhone (it's free if you want to check it out) just to test it out. It's not high speed so don't expect too much. It most just slows the video down a certain percentage whichever you choose before you record.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I know some Android phones can do slow motion, this is a video from my EVO 4G LTE on the slow-mo setting.  I had no idea it had it when I bought the phone, but I was impressed with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaxMKZ5WJc

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

• Administrator

I don't know, but now I really want to know if THIS camera can do manual shutter speed...

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FZ200-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B008MB6ZX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1357842580&sr;=8-1&keywords;=Panasonic+Lumix+FZ200

60 FPS is useless, 120 is good a good portion of the time, and 240 is where it's at.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Casio EX-FC100 is good 240 fps, but the EX-FC200s is designed for sports and has 480 fps for high speed capture.

Check it out--> http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/dc/ex_fc200s/

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

• Administrator
Originally Posted by iacas

I don't know, but now I really want to know if THIS camera can do manual shutter speed...

It doesn't.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Unforgiven93

I know some Android phones can do slow motion, this is a video from my EVO 4G LTE on the slow-mo setting.  I had no idea it had it when I bought the phone, but I was impressed with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaxMKZ5WJc

I have the HTC EVO 4G, how did you find out it had slow mo? I'm interested to see if my phone has this fucntion.

It doesn't.

You beat me too it. I went to the Panasonic booth and told the marketing guy I met there during CES this week he needed to add this function. He mentioned there were getting a number of requests for that feature. So hopefully in the next model.

Michael

Originally Posted by cooke119

I have the HTC EVO 4G, how did you find out it had slow mo? I'm interested to see if my phone has this fucntion.

I'm not sure if the original EVO has it, I have the LTE, but for me there was a little "A" in the upper left corner while the camera was open.  You touch that and then scroll down and slow-motion video was one of the options.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

Note: This thread is 4117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!