Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fRzzy

Do I need ladies flex shaft?

5 posts in this topic

My 5 iron hits are consistently carry the ball 140 yards, and I don't think I can swing faster with acceptable accuracy. And ball flights in general tend to fade, I can't remember if I have ever hit a draw. Do you think I should try ladies flex shaft?

I don't mind using ladies clubs if it's suitable for me.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No, get regular flex shafts. If your younger and fit i would even recommend s flex (possibly)

It sounds like you haven't been playing for many years, as you sort out your swing, you will increase distance exponentially. If you have a urge to spend some $$$ try to find a instructor that you get along with and take a few lessons...

I've hit my wife's clubs, and i didn't really notice that much less length than my S flex clubs, but i did lose accuracy because the ball flew to the moon and came down like a leaf without any direction.....so, chances are you wont really pickup any distance and ladies flex could actually turn that fade into a slice.

Good luck

I have just returned from a local pro shop, I tried a TM RBZ 5 Hybrid in regular shaft there, it's really feel softer than my iron graphite flex R shaft (Taylormade Burner 2007, first version, Asian only I believe)

I hit 8 balls in total, 5 of them shot straight up to the sky and dropped around 170-180 yards, only two are straight, one pull fade, one fade and one push draw... 3 bad hits (topped, thin...)

So, with softer flex shaft, I lost some consistency in ball flight but gain accuracy on where the ball drop. Trajectories are higher, much higher and distance gained are around 30-40 yards.

I was like what the F after the first hit, the ball take off, went straight into the sky with in a perfect straight path and fell hard onto the grass. I then proceed to hit some more and got above results.

I guess with softer shaft, I have more backspin which help the balls take off easier, steep drop angle reflect that, too.

Wow, just wow...

Did you get a swing speed during your test?  A lot of factors go into fitting the proper shaft.  Tempo and swing speed are two main factors.  I would err on the side of a stiffer shaft are really focus on improving your swing and getting good contact.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erm, I don't have any reliable way to measure my swing speed. Can a device like Swingbyte be useful to analyze my swings?