IGNORED

Tourny Prep

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I make sure I have a big meal - take a nice hot shower.  And get to bed early.  I like to eat a lot of carbs and lean meats the night before.  And then the day of - just eat light and drink a lot of fluids.

I also tend to do the pillow drill.  Where I prop a pillow up against the wall - like a couch pillow - and hit forward press chip shots into it.  Just to help educate my hands.  I get to a distance where the ball will hit the pillow and roll back to me.  So basically I can just stand there and hit dozens and dozens of shots over and over.  And really work on feeling the clubhead making impact with the ball.  And if I have enough time... I'll spend time rolling putts on my putting alley.

The short game is critical to scoring - and this is where I want to spend my 'crunch' time before a big event.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Read old posts on TST! What could be better

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!