IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I was wondering, when any of you golfers here are choosing new equipment to buy, do any of you stay loyal to a brand? Or do you simply read reviews to find the best piece of the type of equipment you're looking for?

Personally, as you can tell from the bag in my signature, I'm all over the place brand-wise. However, I don't know if it has to do with my age or not, but I keep going through these phases where I'll think something like, "God! TaylorMade products are so cool!" But then the next week, it'll be "Wow! I want some Ping irons!" But of course I never have the money to get any of those. Thank heavens I'm not rich or else I'd have every set of clubs you can imagine.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since ive started golfing ive usually stuck to brands that have worked for me. Cleveland and Taylormade, and Cobra drivers. Im not against other brands though, but these just have always worked for me.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

For me, Cobra's irons fit the price range I was in coming into the game and I loved them so much I just stuck with the brand. Found a great driver for me from them, loved the Baffler as well. I think for most, a particular brand becomes the first resort, and for me at least the price and quality are right so I don't feel I need to look any further.

Driver: 454 Comp R-flex 45g, 10.5*
Hybrid: Baffler 3I 20*
4i-GW: 3100 I/H
Wedges: 56* 60* Vokeys
Putter: White Hot XG #1

I will use what ever works for me best. I'm not scared to change to something although I do have trouble switching to something not name brand.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Yeah, I really only look towards the name brands, that is one loyalty I have, although sometimes it isn't good.

Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I have no brand loyalty, as you can see in my sig. I use what I think gives me the best chance to score well.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

When looking for new equipment I tend to start with brands I have had good results from in the past. However my current irons came from a company I had never purchased from before. I think that improving golfers owe it to themselves to read the reviews and try equipment from various sources. I have used various Tour edge, Cobra, and Taylor Made clubs along with mostly Ping putters and Cleveland wedges.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Whenever I was about to buy clubs, I've always gone to review sites, but they were all either all perfect ratings or just all too positive and with no downfalls of any clubs or other products I was going to buy.

Where do you read reviews if you're not heading to one brand automatically?

I will put in my bag what I find that works for me. I tend to stay with the more well known names but I have no specific loyalty to one name brand.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

I go with whatever feels right, regardless of brand.... but usually that turns out to be TM products

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

I am loyal to Nike for apparel, Callaway for woods and Ping/Titleist for irons!
I suppose if I had the perfect swing I could play with anything (or play whatever equipment from the sponsor that paid me the most) but since I am terrible, I might as well have all the best gear I can afford!
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

It feels good to me to have well known brands in my bag

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

If nothing else, I like the comfort of knowing I can blame only myself and not my clubs for my lousy game :)

Driver: 454 Comp R-flex 45g, 10.5*
Hybrid: Baffler 3I 20*
4i-GW: 3100 I/H
Wedges: 56* 60* Vokeys
Putter: White Hot XG #1

If nothing else, I like the comfort of knowing I can blame only myself and not my clubs for my lousy game :)

Yeah, I like having that in my clubs, confidence enough that if I make a bad shot it's my fault.

Only problem is, I'm so down on my Top Flite irons that I tend to blame errors on them. Some of them actually are, but they're are mostly mine. That is why I would really like some R7, Ping G5, or Cobra FP irons.

As you can see in my sig, I'm Callaway crazy! My first set of "real" clubs that my dad bought me were Callaways. Ever since then, I've been pretty loyal. Plus they have a trade in trade up program, so I can buy newer equipment and get decent money for my old stuff.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

For me, I'm all over the place, but I really like Taylormade's clubs and Titleist balls.

It's also about price range. My SW is from my very first set, and my LW was on sale for $30. Being 14 w/ no job is quite annoying when you play golf.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Being 14 w/ no job is quite annoying when you play golf.

I hear you there buddy.

Luckily and yet unluckily for me, I have a few opportunities to get jobs, which if I do get one will mean a source of income for me, however it will all be going very quickly towards golf!

Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!