IGNORED

Bandon Dunes - How Does This Course Sequence Look?

Note: This thread is 3935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just booked Bandon Dunes trip for July -- any suggested changes to this course sequence based on experience?

--First Day--

-7:35 AM landing at North Bend (30 mins from the resort) on a flight from Portland

-9:50 AM Bandon Trails, then 3:30 PM Bandon Preserve (the new par-3) [[or should I do Preserve then Trails]]

Forest King room at the Inn (Lodge NE/NW rooms were booked up)

--Second Day--

-7 AM Bandon Dunes (first tee time of the day), then 1:20 PM Pacific Dunes [[Bandon booked up that afternoon]]

--Third Day--

-7 AM Old Mac, then 12:40 PM Pacific Dunes again [[reservationist suggested Old Mac in AM for less wind than in PM]]

-8 PM flight from North Bend to San Fran, then redeye to east coast

Thanks in advance!

You aren't looking for advice, you're just bragging! That looks like a lot of fun on beautiful courses. Have a great time!

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

You aren't looking for advice, you're just bragging!  That looks like a lot of fun on beautiful courses. Have a great time!

THIS!  and it worked, jealous of OP in a big way... :(

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by potomacgolfer

Just booked Bandon Dunes trip for July -- any suggested changes to this course sequence based on experience?

--First Day--

-7:35 AM landing at North Bend (30 mins from the resort) on a flight from Portland

-9:50 AM Bandon Trails, then 3:30 PM Bandon Preserve (the new par-3) [[or should I do Preserve then Trails]]

Forest King room at the Inn (Lodge NE/NW rooms were booked up)

--Second Day--

-7 AM Bandon Dunes (first tee time of the day), then 1:20 PM Pacific Dunes [[Bandon booked up that afternoon]]

--Third Day--

-7 AM Old Mac, then 12:40 PM Pacific Dunes again [[reservationist suggested Old Mac in AM for less wind than in PM]]

-8 PM flight from North Bend to San Fran, then redeye to east coast

Thanks in advance!

Good play, playing Pacific Dunes twice. They are all awesome, but Pacific is awesome-er.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...
Originally Posted by phan52

Good play, playing Pacific Dunes twice. They are all awesome, but Pacific is awesome-er.

I just booked a trip for the end of September, first time ever going, and taking my Dad who hasn't been there either.  Right now we are playing Pacific at around 10 am on a Monday, Old Mac at about 8 on Tuesday and Pacific again that day at about 2.  Finally we play Bandon at about 8:30 on Wednesday.  I might be able to switch the second round at Pacific for Trails, but with everything I've heard about Pacific, I am leaning toward playing there twice.  Plus, my Dad is 71 and has a bad knee and I heard Trails was the toughest to walk.  Thoughts?

Also, anyone here have any luck getting a cart for someone with a bad knee, but not "officially" disabled?

Thanks

I've played with someone who had a cart but it was quite a few years ago.  I'm not sure what their policy is now but you rarely see anyone playing from a cart.   Your rounds sound good If he can walk Pacific he could do Trails they have a shuttle for the toughest climb there.

September should be good but you never know.

Just booked Bandon Dunes trip for July -- any suggested changes to this course sequence based on experience? --First Day-- -7:35 AM landing at North Bend (30 mins from the resort) on a flight from Portland -9:50 AM Bandon Trails, then 3:30 PM Bandon Preserve (the new par-3) [[or should I do Preserve then Trails]] Forest King room at the Inn (Lodge NE/NW rooms were booked up) --Second Day-- -7 AM Bandon Dunes (first tee time of the day), then 1:20 PM Pacific Dunes [[Bandon booked up that afternoon]] --Third Day-- -7 AM Old Mac, then 12:40 PM Pacific Dunes again [[reservationist suggested Old Mac in AM for less wind than in PM]] -8 PM flight from North Bend to San Fran, then redeye to east coast Thanks in advance!

Sounds fun! I may be going to California next summer to play some golf.

Note: This thread is 3935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!