IGNORED

Mrs. Kanwars minimalist golf swing

logman
Note: This thread is 3715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interesting!, Could be a very good golf swing instead of the trad. swing..... http://kirankanwargolf.wordpress.com/the-minimalist-golf-swing/

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

I would love to see video of this swing. It looks...elegant.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It looks like you can drive the ball about 75 yards, if you really only use gravity on downswing ...

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

So are you all about MGS now instead of LPG?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

She had a youtube video during the completely bogus Golf Channel instructor search where she swung using her system. The swing might work for a total beginner who does not care to advance much beyond not hitting a slice. It is pretty easy to learn.

Michael

If you youtube it, she has a comparrison of Hooters Mini Tour guys that gained CHS and BS from switching to the system.

Granted, I can put up a youtube video showing how leaving the club head cover on makes the face hotter lol... ahh the beauties of the internet.

Originally Posted by mchepp

She had a youtube video during the completely bogus Golf Channel instructor search where she swung using her system. The swing might work for a total beginner who does not care to advance much beyond not hitting a slice. It is pretty easy to learn.

So if the swing is a total beginners swing(which I dont think). Do you think it could be a good swing for beginners? As Mrs Kanwar says "80% of the MGS swing is in the set up" why wouldn't any golf coach use this swing as a starting point for a beginner to gain confidence, ball striking feel etc.For a golf coach to not have the ability to offer a student this type of swing option is just bad coaching......IMHO

Originally Posted by Skillet

If you youtube it, she has a comparrison of Hooters Mini Tour guys that gained CHS and BS from switching to the system.

Granted, I can put up a youtube video showing how leaving the club head cover on makes the face hotter lol... ahh the beauties of the internet.

Her playing and coaching credentials seem pretty good to me

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

So are you all about MGS now instead of LPG?

No, just trying to point out that there are serious alternatives that are not acknowledged.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by logman

No, just trying to point out that there are serious alternatives that are not acknowledged.

Just not sure that this is a serious alternative.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Just not sure that this is a serious alternative.

It might not be for you Tristan, but how good would it be if there was a swing that allowed total beginners to get to a useable, repeatable swing that could allow them to jump to a higher level of golf.....easily. Mrs. Kanwar says 80% of the swing is in the setup. THat would be very tempting to many people.

Originally Posted by x129

http://kirankanwargolf.wordpress.com/golf-videos/

LOL, thanks, I was being sarcastic but thanks.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

It might not be for you Tristan, but how good would it be if there was a swing that allowed total beginners to get to a useable, repeatable swing that could allow them to jump to a higher level of golf.....easily. Mrs. Kanwar says 80% of the swing is in the setup. THat would be very tempting to many people.

Marketing. And the 20% that isn't in the setup matters A LOT.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I doesn't take Nate Silver to figure out that's a BS percentage. The swing could have some merit, but let's be real.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just because she says 80% of the swing is set-up doesn't make it so. You are right that it would be great if there was something that would allow beginners to get a "usable, repeatable swing" but I'm not sure that this does it. What beginners need are lessons from QUALIFIED instructors. The problem is that there is so much BS instruction out there that this can be difficult. I'm of the opinion that this falls into the BS instruction category.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Just because she says 80% of the swing is set-up doesn't make it so. You are right that it would be great if there was something that would allow beginners to get a "usable, repeatable swing" but I'm not sure that this does it. What beginners need are lessons from QUALIFIED instructors. The problem is that there is so much BS instruction out there that this can be difficult. I'm of the opinion that this falls into the BS instruction category.

Right.  And even if it is all in the setup, that doesn't magically make her awkward (and I mean, really awkward) setup the correct one.

Definitely agree with Tristan that people who follow her are going down a road that will set them aback, not help them improve.

Oh, and Logman, I know you've answered this before, but I'll ask again anyway:  What is it about the "traditional" swing that you hate so much?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Right.  And even if it is all in the setup, that doesn't magically make her awkward (and I mean, really awkward) setup the correct one.

Definitely agree with Tristan that people who follow her are going down a road that will set them aback, not help them improve.

Oh, and Logman, I know you've answered this before, but I'll ask again anyway:  What is it about the "traditional" swing that you hate so much?

It might not be for you Gdaddy, but think of all those weekend warriors that play most of their golf out of the trees on the right hand side of the fairway. Just think of their enjoyment of the game if they could hit some fairways in regulation or hit a green with a 5 iron. Maybe if you wanted to move onto the conventional swing after that then cool.

What's wrong with conventional you ask.......Well, nothing if your good enough to use it, have the time to keep everything doing what it should be doing and then have the athletic ability to use it.My big gripe with the cocked wrist swing is you're asking beginners of all shapes,sizes,abilities,strength,flexibilities etc to play a swing method that not suited to their individual bodies

Anyway enough of that, I know Erik gets very pissed off  with me crapping on about this stuff so.......Mrs Kanwar anyone?

Geez Tristan, a bit harsh, did you read her biography and her quals. I'd say that was impressive.

• Administrator

Just think of their enjoyment of the game if they could hit some fairways in regulation or hit a green with a 5 iron.

I see nothing about that swing that says they could "hit some fairways in regulation or hit a green with a 5-iron." You're giving credit to something just to be "different."

Originally Posted by logman

Maybe if you wanted to move onto the conventional swing after that then cool.

Why would you want to learn something that you can't apply to the "conventional swing"? You'd basically be starting over from scratch except you'd have some bad habits (like not turning your shoulders or hips).

What's wrong with conventional you ask.......Well, nothing if your good enough to use it, have the time to keep everything doing what it should be doing and then have the athletic ability to use it.My big gripe with the cocked wrist swing is you're asking beginners of all shapes,sizes,abilities,strength,flexibilities etc to play a swing method that not suited to their individual bodies

You keep saying things like this while offering NO proof that any of it is even remotely true.

Anyway enough of that, I know Erik gets very pissed off  with me crapping on about this stuff so.......Mrs Kanwar anyone?

I don't get pissed off. You've repeatedly been rude without demonstrating any understanding of what Mike, I, and 5SK teaches, and when questioned directly, you never give a legitimate answer. Just like the above.

Meanwhile you say things like "Geez Tristan, a bit harsh" but you've swallowed things like "80% is the setup!" as if it's absolute gospel and truth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!