IGNORED

Suggest a course in Palm Spring or surrounding Area

Note: This thread is 4060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by act0fgod

Not the OP, but I went out and ended up playing Terra Lago South and Mission Hills Dinah Shore on Saturday. Played Terra Lago because I found a good morning tee time for $50. I thought it was well worth it. I am not a fan of the cement irrigation streams, also at silver rock, but still happy with the decision to play there. Interestingly enough I read the greens on the back 9 at Terra Lago were having trouble but I thought they were better than the front. I wonder if they alternate cutting days because on the front the ball didn't run out and died in the last 6 inches.

Terra Lago is my home course... it's not a bad course at all... the canals run though a lot of the courses out here; just how it is. I like how they use the rail road cars as bridges. The South course is underrated in my opinion (everybody seems to like the north better), but the first 11 holes are about as hard as you're going to find. The greens on the back side were pretty rough a couple years ago but they've recovered pretty nicely. By the way, number 4 is where I had my ace.

If you're ever gonna be out here again shoot me a pm if you want a playing partner. I'd be happy to join if my schedule allows.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Friday at Mesquite, would not had been my first choose but my father in law set it up and did not tell me until we got there what course it was. To be honest not a bad course but we have courses like this in Los Angels so I was really looking forward to a really nice course to play since we had a condo and all the expense of going there already. I will not be letting him set up anything that is not in my area any more or will not plan any outing with him he went cheep.

The front desk guy was a jerk and rude and thought he was funny but if my father in law would have remembered what time we where to tee off instead of an hour later my driver would have been up his ass. Plus father in law was on his dam cell phone for work the first 4 holes, this just pissed the crap out of me, both my son and I had to deal with a lot of not so happy people because of this. This is not my way at all the phone stays in the car or is turned off at the course, I really hate people on there phones.

Front 9 slow play and was windy, the group ahead lost a ball every hole and looked for it what seemed to be half hour a hole. Back 9 no one on the course at all due to the weather was cold, windy and a lot of rain.

Again not a bad course for a muni but not what I had expected, but the good part was if there was one I only paid $54 each for me and my son.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

hey tristan let me know if you wanna play terra lago i usually play after two pm me if interested

That's what I do too... However I won't get a chance to play again until the 20th if that works for you.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by hacker101

Played Friday at Mesquite, would not had been my first choose but my father in law set it up and did not tell me until we got there what course it was. To be honest not a bad course but we have courses like this in Los Angels so I was really looking forward to a really nice course to play since we had a condo and all the expense of going there already. I will not be letting him set up anything that is not in my area any more or will not plan any outing with him he went cheep.

The front desk guy was a jerk and rude and thought he was funny but if my father in law would have remembered what time we where to tee off instead of an hour later my driver would have been up his ass. Plus father in law was on his dam cell phone for work the first 4 holes, this just pissed the crap out of me, both my son and I had to deal with a lot of not so happy people because of this. This is not my way at all the phone stays in the car or is turned off at the course, I really hate people on there phones.

Front 9 slow play and was windy, the group ahead lost a ball every hole and looked for it what seemed to be half hour a hole. Back 9 no one on the course at all due to the weather was cold, windy and a lot of rain.

Again not a bad course for a muni but not what I had expected, but the good part was if there was one I only paid $54 each for me and my son.

I've played Mesquite once and am not a fan... Not the nicest of courses and for $54 not worth it in my opinion. Of all the nice courses out here, it sucks that's the one you ended up playing. I recommend that you try to make another trip out here and play something like SilverRock, Classic Club or Desert Willow... they are more expensive for sure but they are amazing courses. The $100+ you'll spend on those courses is much more worth it than $50 at Mesquite.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks we will be making it back that way again.

Told my wife sorry but if your dad is not going to play by the rules (cell phone and slacks with a nice shirt and dropping 2 or 3 balls on a bad tee shot) and can not plan a good time that he can no longer go with us.

To bad none ofhis friends will let him play with them now I know why.

Next outting will let you know maybe we can meet up, although both me and my son are not close to your handicap if you dont mind playing with a couple hackers..ha-ha I would love to play a nice desert course.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Thanks we will be making it back that way again. Told my wife sorry but if your dad is not going to play by the rules (cell phone and slacks with a nice shirt and dropping 2 or 3 balls on a bad tee shot) and can not plan a good time that he can no longer go with us. To bad none ofhis friends will let him play with them now I know why. Next outting will let you know maybe we can meet up, although both me and my son are not close to your handicap if you dont mind playing with a couple hackers..ha-ha I would love to play a nice desert course.

It would be great to play with you guys. Shoot me a pm next time you are in the area.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 4060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!