IGNORED

TST Supporter Membership Cancellations ReadMe

iacas
Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

A few of you are sending PMs and I'll be pointing you to this thread for answers.

Last January you'll recall we offered Supporter memberships for a low low price of $19, down from our normal price of $39, though we later settled on $29 and have left it there for quite some time, including for our April Supporter Drive and every other purchase made after about January 20, 2012.

The Supporter memberships were never supposed to be true "subscriptions." It was supposed to be set up so that you paid for one year, and after a year, your membership simply ended. No subscriptions, no tricks, etc. (Oddly enough, given the way it was supposed to work, Huddler [the forum platform we're using] has no capacity to email or PM members when their memberships are about to expire or when they do expire.)

Anyway, they were not supposed to be set up as subscriptions, but they were within PayPal. When these subscriptions automatically renewed, the Huddler software set your new expiration date as January XX, 2014.

So that your memberships would not auto-renew NEXT year too, Huddler canceled everyone's subscription with PayPal, but this had no effect on your expiration date here and you're all still set as Supporters through January XX, 2014. Nothing's been canceled here - you still have another 358 days or whatever.

Here's a screenshot of one such member's status who had this auto-renewal happen:

On the bright side, because you were one of the first people to sign up, you paid only $19 a year ago during the "introductory pricing" offer, and because of this bug, instead of paying $29 you only had to pay $19 to renew! :) So there's a small upside to it, at least.

I apologize for the confusion. Huddler screwed up, or PayPal screwed up, or something.

If you want me to personally verify your expiration date (so you can set a reminder in your calendar to renew next year, perhaps), post here or PM me to ask.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same here. I'm a procrastinator by nature and I need to upgrade my paypal info due to a Credit card change but I'm all for continuing to support you guys! I'll kick   in some extra bucks to buy you and Mike a beer on me!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Y'all are fine. I just wanted to let everyone know why they got "cancellation" emails. If the transaction (renewal) went through, you're all set.

We don't need donations. If you want to give something, buy some more ball markers or ball mark repair tools and give them to your friends, and get them to join the site.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the explanation.  I will set up a reminder for next January.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As others have said here, at $19, $29 or higher this is a great site and I'm happy to support and be a part of it.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by iacas

Y'all are fine. I just wanted to let everyone know why they got "cancellation" emails. If the transaction (renewal) went through, you're all set.

We don't need donations. If you want to give something, buy some more ball markers or ball mark repair tools and give them to your friends, and get them to join the site.

When the divot repair tools are ready, let me know.  I'll place an order.

Same here

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

When the divot repair tools are ready, let me know.  I'll place an order.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Dude, where do I send you more of my money?  Seriously, you guys run a great site.  And I'm happy to donate or 'support' or whatever, again.

^^This.

I also got an e-mail; thanks for the explanation!  Love the way y'all run this site.  I'm still waiting for the chance to "member review" Cypress Point, though.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

Where's the link to the ball markers, divot repair tools, etc? I'll buy some.

Not available yet. I have to order the divot repair tools. We'll have a poll on which one we want to buy soon.

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!