IGNORED

Hole in three today

logman
Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hole out from the tee, not a hole in one... Why is that so hard to understand?

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

Originally Posted by logman

The analogy of "so therefore there are 18 holes in one per round" is wrong because there not tee shots. For me if you hit a tee shot into the hole it's a "hole in one".

You may as well call it a strike or a spare. Or a pizza. Because if you're just gonna make up terms, then you may as well go all the way.

You holed out. Technically you could even say you got up and down. You scrambled for a par. You chipped in. You holed OUT. You didn't hole out IN ONE.

Originally Posted by logman

If you hit that next ball into the hole it's a "hole in one" Scoring is separate from golf. Golf can surely be played without scoring. By the logic of Gdaddy if your playing a social round of golf and not scoring then a "hole in one" is not possible.

That's not at all logical. A hole in ONE is scoring a ONE on any hole. Since every hole begins from the tee, yes, it means holing a shot from the tee, but it means holing your FIRST SHOT from the tee.

It's really that simple.

Originally Posted by logman

But a tee shot that goes into the hole is a hole in one shot.

Wrong. Yours went in on the third shot. It's irrelevant where it went in FROM since it was your THIRD SHOT.

Originally Posted by logman

The start of the hole is when I put my ball on the tee and it ends when it goes in the hole. The shot went into the hole in one shot.Therefore it's a hole in one shot.

The start of the hole was when you put your FIRST ball on the tee and made your FIRST swing at the ball. Not your second ball or your third shot (or second actual swing).

Interesting that your only supporter in this is also from Australia.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

No, because that's still only 7 frames. ;)

Seriously though, I think that is the right analogy, slightly tweaked.  Throwing one gutter ball, then picking up all 10 with your second, and then calling it a strike, would be pretty equivalent to what he did.

If only "hole in three" was the original title.  (Of course, then he probably wouldn't have got the views he was hoping for ;))

Logman, do you moonlight as a headline writer for yahoo.com?

You know, I stared at that post of mine and thought something is really wrong here, it would be 18 gutter balls followed by three consecutive strikes wouldn't it for 18 frames?  I like the way you tweaked it better. A ten at once spare.  Maybe golf needs some kind of term to describe this type of "par in one" so to speak.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

"Going" as in future tense?

Y'know, this thread could have been over after the obligatory 15 congratulations and all of us would have been none the wiser to logman's actual score. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!