IGNORED

Chicago Golfers

TimG3394
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TimG3394

That is not a problem at all. I don't have an official handicap I just track my rounds on yahoo. I think I finished the year around a 12. Been down to a 9 but up to a 19. It really depends and I can play above or below that on any given day. I'm sure I can say this for everybody, all skill levels are welcome

Thanks, please keep the thread up to date as you pick a date / course.  Mid March might be a little early depending on how the winter pans out.  Here's hoping that Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

Thanks, please keep the thread up to date as you pick a date / course.  Mid March might be a little early depending on how the winter pans out.  Here's hoping that Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow.

I will keep everyone updated. Mid March was just a shot in the dark. I think last year my home course opened March 10th. So we will see.

Sorry for multiple posts, but can't figure how to do multiple quotes on my phone. I grew up in Johnsburg IL so I am familiar to the crystal lake area. Was recently out at a bar called Dukes not too long ago in CL

Haha, wow small world. I'm at dukes every week, love that place.

Haha, wow small world. I'm at dukes every week, love that place.

The beer menu is phenomenal. I participated in the 12 beers of Xmas. I enjoy the place in the summer because of the beer garden. Good grub too.

Small world indeed. Have played at Cary CC, Pinecrest, and Redtail near Crystal Lake, often followed by burgers afterwards at Dukes. And originally from Evanston, although I've not ever golfed near there, unless you count the little course on the sewage canal where I first hit a ball in the last century.

This sounds fantastic, I've always wanted to play up in chicago. I live in west lafayette but I am not allowed to drive, but if it's set up enough in advance I might be able to figure something out with the bus

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

I'll participate.  Probably won't play, but would like to meet and greet.  I'm in the far south reaches of Chicagoland and golf is really cheap down here, so i have a hard time justifying playing expensive courses.  And to me, anything much over 30 bucks is expensive.

And, i can't walk the course because i have MS and RA.  Can still play some (finished 4.5 last year), but can't walk 4 miles carrying clubs anymore.  So, when i say 30 bucks, i'm including the cart.

Yeah, golf is cheap down here.

GAC

What's In My Bag?
Taylor Made RBZ Driver
Nike Ignite 3 Wood

Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood
Cleveland QuadPro 3 Iron Hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4 Through WedgeMizuno MP Series Gap and Sand Wedges

Odyssey XG7 Putter

I'm extremely "unfussy" about balls. I'll play anything white and round!  I''ll even play the colors i find.

This sounds fantastic, I've always wanted to play up in chicago. I live in west lafayette but I am not allowed to drive, but if it's set up enough in advance I might be able to figure something out with the bus

I live very close to the last stop from the blue line so please join us, I will happily pick you up from the train station. Ie Amtrak to "L" and I can get you to the course.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

I live very close to the last stop from the blue line so please join us, I will happily pick you up from the train station. Ie Amtrak to "L" and I can get you to the course.

Sweet! I appreciate that, I hope I can get off work

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

• 3 weeks later...

Skokie guy here... would definitly be down for a get together... anyone on here wanna start a 4 some that plays on the weekend... with my hospital job im limited to play on the weekends in the morning

Skokie guy here... would definitly be down for a get together... anyone on here wanna start a 4 some that plays on the weekend... with my hospital job im limited to play on the weekends in the morning

Skokie is a little far for every weekend for me, but if you get a foursome, I might be interested in being a sub.

• 4 weeks later...
Gentlemen... The weather is beginning to change. Shall we start planning something?

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Originally Posted by damnitdave

I am not available to play every weekend, I travel M-Th for work so playing every weekend would be a no-no with the family. I could probably play once or twice a month.

This is my suggestion, pick 4 area's of the area (North, South, West, and City perhaps?)

My suggestion would be to do a rotation.  Week one for instance is up north, Week 2 west, etc.

Then 2 weeks prior to the tee off, post on this thread, the course, and the preferred tee time range.  With most courses taking a 1 week in advance, this gives everybody on the thread 1 week to respond before somebody owns making the actual tee time.

Somebody that lives in the area should own picking a course, posting the cost for a round, and making the tee time for that course.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody interested in a knock the rust off 9 next Saturday the 30th?  The forcast looks a little chilly (high of 51) but sunny.  If you guys are game, If anybody is game, I can pick a course that is centrally located to everybody.  I have plans in the evening, so would prefer something around a 10AM tee time.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!