IGNORED

Swingman Golf

Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would you believe 99% of the replies you get? And that goes for pretty much any of the guys talking about swing speed.

That being said, I have though about it (and it is either my number 1 or number 2 program depending on the day). I don't expect 30+mph from any program but 10-15 for someone that hasn't done much speed or specific strength training is likely. The questions is the program pure snake oil (from what I have read/watched the stuff seems solid) or a good collection of the "Standard" training (strength, power, and over/underspeed) for improving your golf swing. I probably would have spend the 50 bucks (if it is total snake oil I will gamble my CC will get me a refund) but the advertisment for the 1 length irons sort of scares me

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

Any body a member? any input on if it works?

• 2 years later...

After researching (check out YouTube videos) and taking part in the Webinar session I opted to sign up.

Specifically, I found the what was shared on YouTube on club head speed and driver spin rate and launch very informative.

Aside from the long game, Jacoob Bowman had some advice of on the short game which resonated quite well with me and that was using your instinct on a chip shot.  Basically after getting the "feel" of a club (i.e. 9 iron, 6 iron, whatever you decide will work for you), you use your instinct and determine where you "are and where you want to be" and execute.  Without getting hung up on saying absolutely having your 8 iron travel 1/3 of the way and then run 2/3...which is a good way to start, I've felt that your brain (a wonderful computer) will process what is needed to get there...simple.  In essence, don't get wrapped up in over analysis (analysis paralysis).

Oddly enough, this little bit of confirmation (short game) is what convinced me to sign up for Swingman (long game).

I will attempt to keep you updated on results.  I have already secure my Swing Speed Radar (blue) and baselined my SS, impact points on driver face in relation to trajectory, distance and dispersion.

• 3 months later...

I've been taking some time off and will provide the same detailed follow up on another site, since that is where my swing speed increase project first started.  After starting my program I was having a few issues with my lower back and left side glute muscles.

I started with PT with the belief it was a problem with my piriformis (deep glute) muscle group, after 30 days it wasn't getting much better and went back to Primary Care Physician and wanted to find out what was "the problem".  PCP requisitioned an X-ray with an appointment with the Physiatrist (rehabilitation physicians, are nerve, muscle, and bone experts).  Reviewed X-rays and went thru a assessment and discusse some "nerve flossing" (read up on this it is interesting!).  An MRI was requisition.  Follow up with Physiatrist found a synovial cyst (flud sac) in L5 pressing against nerves.  The next step (which had bee approved) would be a thin gauge needle and drain and then inject cortisone. Since there is a possibility that the cyst is slowly shrinking and there has been improvement with nerve flossing (mechanical therapy) I opted to continue with PT with focus nerve flossing / core strengthening (more good stuff!) and circle back in a couple of months with the option of having the drain and injectable procedure done.  This was just a week ago. By the way, I am able to now hit balls...sometimes a little transient tingle down the leg but goes right away...if it progresses...stop. But thus far it's been fine in the eve. and the next a.m.  I have a tee time with my friends tomorrow!

What caused all of this? I was a bit upset that this happened since I focus on keeping myself relatively fit and stretch routinely .  However, Physiatrist said the problem is probably due to 30% genetics and the rest could be attributed to degeneration (old age; her I'm a Senior 63) and finally attempting to overburden my spine and could have just aggravated it enough to have the cyst develop.  However, she did indicate that she also had three patients recently who hurt their backs while attempting to "change their swing" and had cortisone treatments which helped.  One patient reinjured himself.

Why am I sharing all of this? There may be circumstances that may cause an issue with your back.  If it happens...get it looked at.  It may be an issue with a muscle, a bone and a nerve.

What are my plans? I will still attempt to work on my speed but minimize stressing my spine.  In addition, I will use the exercises (specifically dynamic stretching) that will strengthen my core (these were reviewed and approved by PT).   There are also hip turn / flex, upper torso turn / flex and shoulder exercises that I believe may achieve positive results.

Recommendations: Other than what's covered under my plans.  You should consider getting a foam roller to massage muscle groups...it provides comprehensive massage therapy.  You can integrate some massage and core exercises using a foam roller.  If you want details let me know and I will post.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!