IGNORED

A couple of Information Technology tips

Note: This thread is 4106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope I am not telling anyone they do not already know, but I wanted to provide some helpful tips for those are using video like I am for recording golf feedback or instruction.

I use two FREE pieces of software (whether you are using Windows (like most) or Linux (for IT geeks like myself). Everyone in our field says their solution is the best for processing video and squeezing them down to size. I have tested many and come up with two handy programs for you.

VLC:

VideoLAN (VLC) - http://www.videolan.org/index.html

This software is very simple to use and can play just about every form of video known to Mankind. To use it for video cutting purposes is extremely simple:

1. Download the software and install it.
  2. You can either open the program or right click on your video you want to edit and select Open With , then select VLC.
  3. Pause the video and use the slider at the bottom to navigate to the start point you want to edit.
  4. Click on Advanced, and it should display 3 buttons above your play,reward, and fast forward buttons. Click the RED record button.
  5. Press Play and let the video play until you get to the point where you want to end the video.
  6. Press Stop and then Press the record button again.
  7. Go to your My Videos (windows) or Videos (Linux) directory. Your saved recording should be labled as vlc- .mp4 .

There ya go.

Handbrake:

Handbrake - http://handbrake.fr

Handbrake lets you squeeze or transform your video into a managable size for your Android, Apple, or Blackberry phone or tablet. More importantly, if you have high definition cameras (like I do) you will probably need to squeeze your video down a bit to upload it to sites for your or your instructor's view pleasure.

Both software packages really help me out with managing my recordings without taking much time for fancy video editing or compressing software. Both software packages also give me a great deal of versatility.

Let me know if you have problems.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

I will have to give them a look.  What advantage do you find over just using VI golf

Open source and always free. I always try to advise folks of alternatives. Big proponent of open source software were applicable.

Given that I operate from the Linux platform and use Blackberry products, I look for alternatives for those like me.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Note: This thread is 4106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!