IGNORED

Last paralell (A6) to Impact (A7)

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw a new video by Chuck Martin today that dealt with the move from A6 to A7 being one involving pulling the handle up and in (towards you) while extending. Is this the same thing as parametric acceleration? When is extending after regaining flexion too early? Are these the same (or just similar) concepts that S&T; advocates? If just similar, what's different?

Thanks

Hogan1949

Originally Posted by Hogan1949

Saw a new video by Chuck Martin today that dealt with the move from A6 to A7 being one involving pulling the handle up and in (towards you) while extending. Is this the same thing as parametric acceleration? When is extending after regaining flexion too early? Are these the same (or just similar) concepts that S&T; advocates? If just similar, what's different?

Thanks

Hogan1949

Oops....parallel

I like the extension piece, but I am not sure about the pulling the hands in part. Can you link the video?

Dana does a nice job explaining the A6-A8 parts here for S&T; (or at least my understanding).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSkhj1upLY&feature;=player_embedded

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mike,

Couldn't open the Dana D video. Here's a link to Martin Chuck's video. B. Manzella talked about a similar concept of pulling the handle up and in. Is this a CP release?

http://www.revolutiongolf.com/Vip/DailyTips/Video/2109529076001

CP involves lots of pieces. Erik did a pretty solid explanation of CP vs. CF but I cannot find it and I searched pretty hard. Maybe somebody else with better searching skills than me can bring it up. It is not the complete explanation, but it is really really good. I also am forced to admit I have tried my best to follow what Manzella is talking about with Project 1.68 and I was excited to see what was going to be discussed, but in the end I have not seen much that will make me play any better. I was hoping for a simple 1.68 video that I can watch to understand it. Now it seems they are arguing about hips and stalling and I cannot keep up.

I've actually seen that DD video. I found the thought of keeping the left shoulder low in the DS to be confusing.

As I understand it, the idea here is that at A6 you should have the same flexion as at A1. Then from A6 to A8 is all extension as Dana shows in the video. I rarely think about pulling the shoulder down in the DS, that might have been a specific feel for the guy Dana was teaching. I have much more of an issue getting out of extension. I fake it with a form of early extension and then just stay there until A9, which is bad. I am much better than 2 years ago, but still a ways to go.

Originally Posted by Hogan1949

Not sure if my link to Martin Chuck video from Revolution Golf can be opened. Let me know if it can't.

I can't but a good friend of mine who is a pro really likes what Martin is teaching so I will try and log in and see what I can find over there.

Michael

Not sure if my link to Martin Chuck video from Revolution Golf can be opened. Let me know if it can't.

The video "Feel the Snap to Unleash the Power of Your Golf Swing" is really similar to Dana's video. I think Dana's also incorporates getting the weight forward which is important and Martin does not discuss that. The moving the handle up as he describes it has nothing to do with CP or CF but more to do with releasing PA2 and PA3.

Michael

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!