IGNORED

Nunchuk xi iron shafts review.....

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I paid full retail and got them installed at Prove It Golf in wethersfield, ct

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

I also purchased them from the shop, Todd that owns prove it, is the only person allowed to touch my clubs

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

• 2 months later...
I have a bag full of Nunchuks Driver, 4 wood, 2,3 4, Hybrid (335) and 5 - SW with xi's I just returned from a vacation where I was able to play several rounds with the new xi's. I believe that the xi's offer all of the performance and accuracy of steel with all of the advantages of graphite. What I noticed was that these shafts are very forgiving on mis-hits. As an amateur I have several during a round and that may never change.:-( They are very straight yet easy to work the ball. Same or better distance than the previous set. The distance gaps between the clubs is approx 10 yds. That gives me a 10 yard gap from 4 wood thru to GW and approx 15 yds between GW and SW Whether I swing hard, smooth fast or slow, all of the Nunchuk's perform as advertised. Distance, of course is affected by swing speed as with any shaft.. I have the advantage of playing a number of shaft / head combos and I will admit that a driver at 45 - 46 inches on a 60 gram shaft will give me additional yardage when I connect, but I connect much more often with the Nunchuk Rage black combo. I have hit some of my personal best drives with the NUNCHUK, as well as with my 4 wood. Hybrids are pretty much aim and fire. With my other set, also a high quality graphite, I found I had to aim right if I go after it. With the Nunchuks, I wind up missing right, because they only goe straight where i am pointed. I need to get use to that now. The other thing is that even in the sand wedge and GW they feel and perform great. No loss of feel or accuracy here either. I will likely change heads many times (as I am a club builder) but I do not think these shafts will ever leave my game bag. I have never had the consistency / accuracy with any other shafts EVER. These shafts are a one time purchase and should provide a lifetime of enjoyment. It is a love hate deal with the folks that demo the NUNCHUK. I have found that the folks that don't take the time to adjust to the NUNHUK do not like it, but those that follow the advice just love it. I have not had one of these returned. You have to make some minor adjustments in set up with the Nunchuk, but after that let the shaft do it's thing. DO NOT TRY TO WORK THIS SHAFT....It only works one way no matter how hard you swing! No shaft will fix a bad swing, but these certainly improve the results when it happens. That means better golf, lower scores and more enjoyment, and frankly, that is what it is all about! . JIM

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by kona golf

Driver, 4 wood, 2,3 4, Hybrid (335) and 5 - SW with xi's

I will have that soon.

Please tell me the specifications for your 5 iron iron and hybrid and 4 wood.

Namely head weight, playing shaft length and swingweight

Thanks,  my driver works awesome but my clubfitter left town, nobody else knows the nunchuk around here, I have tried a few things and havent got it right yet.  Anyway I have just bought the iron shafts and I am going on an 8 hr drive to go see my main man and get them assembled properly, but it is his first look at the irons shafts too.

The 4 wood was a touredge xg5 ( I just switched it out for a nondescript 17 * with straight face. (Touredge was 1* open ). 42" if I remember correctly.

I build to TLT specs for length (series 8) as well as MOI rather than swing weight. (Swing weights were approx d2 - If I remember d3 - d1, they change on each club with MOI)

My Hybrids are built to the corresponding iron lengths. This maintains the proper gap between clubs.

Remind your guy that these are butt trim only!

Any further questions, feel free to contact me at sales@konagolfsales.com. or reply to this post.

Jim

Jim, I dont know what TLT specs mean.   So can you just pick out one iron & the 4W and tell me what was the head weight and playing shaft length, and if you wanna throw the MOI figures at me that would be good too,

My clubmaker does MOI fitting but he hasnt worked with the Nunchuk irons yet so knowing this would be a good starting point for him as you have found good results.

I am starting to lean towards the premise that with the Nunchuk shaft you fit it to the head not the player.

Regards to TLT

Please visit inventor's web page @ http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com/

Regards to MOI -

Sort of - if a players has a favorite club (iron) in their bag I like to measure that club, and if possible match as closely as possible to that MOI -

Some heads are more restrictive than other for adjustment. For example if the head has a weight port, or 2 then it is much easier to hit your target. If not, it may not be cost effective to match exactly, especially if you have to reduce head weight. Having said that, the set can be matched as close as possible across the set, and it is usually an easy adjustment for the golf to adapt to the new set.

The MOI advantage is that every club truly feels the same since you are measuring required energy rather than mass.

I do not have the specs readily available but I will try to send something over a little later.

Your fitter will not have any trouble MOI matching NUCHUK's.

My clubmaker is 8 hours drive away, so we are both doing some pre-preparatory work on the whiteboard/calculator before he gets his hands on the gear in a few days when I get there. I have given him the specs for the heads  I have Maltby DBM (no weight ports) , which start with 4i  @ 247 grams hand picked to spec.  He has calculated that at standard lengths (my normal)  they will swing weight at C6.

So if you got your shafts to D2,  either you are playing longer shafts or heavier head weight or both, hence I am keen to get that detail off you.

When I say standard length I mean clubmakers standard not Callaways, ie 5i 37.75"   and I did forget to ask whether he calculated + 1/2" for a graphite shaft over steel.  I think he cant have to be honest, so another 1/2" more will get it to C9.  I choke down on everything 1" anyway.

BTW off topic, he was telling me today that he just built a set of Epons and out of the box the tolerances were so tight. that he without making any weight adjustments when finished the MOI varied by only 4 units throughout.  From what i have seen in matched MOI sets that is freaky accurate, a good match is a variation of 40 or so right?

I generally try to get within 10 units (which is next to nothing in weight). I believe Wishon suggests that 20 units (kg/Cm2) is the norm .

Usuallly wedges will be moi'd separately, However I like to get them as close as possible,

Usually within 30. This set is within 20.

I use the "Auditor" for my measurement. Some folks try to "CALCULATE" on a spread sheet. but it is not the same as investing in the Auditor.

Lengths are as Follows. Remember I use TLT for my fitting. (This is a direct relationship between length and Lie).  Each head increases 1 degree in Lie as you move through the set.

5- 38.50
6- 38.11
7 -37.73
8 -37.37
9 -37.04
P-36.72
G- 36.64
S 36.56

Good Luck with your new set !

Haven't tried them on Irons, but I really enjoy the Nunchuks in my woods.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by kona golf

7 -37.73

Thanks for that.  I got my set done and we used the 7 iron as the baseline for MOI,  and made it 37.5"  (so either 1/2 or 3/4 over standard for steel shaft),  with a 268g head that came out at D1  (.08 actually).   I have forgotten the MOI numbers - perhaps around 2800, and they came out pretty consistent as I had my heads handpicked for weight,  the worst one was 0.5
of a gram light so they were easy fixed,

The result is a Goldilocks experience for me.  I havent had much of a chance to play with them yet,  but in my hands and swinging in a net,  they just feel right.  I do detect the difference between my old irons and these, but its not "out there" for me.   I put that down to my old set also MOI matched to the same numbers, virtually same heads, and the fact that I have played nunchuck for two years now in Driver, fairways and hybrid.

By saturday when I play at my home course that will be the litmus test.

Glad to hear you got them done. I do not agree with building graphites 1/2 inch over standard just because they are graphite. I personally play a longer length because of my athletic stance / set up

You do not get taller or get shorter arms because your golf shafts are a different material.

Two different schools of thought.

Going from Steel to Nunchuks should not be a big adjustment for you as they play like steel. If you find them a little long, you can trim them down without changing anything with the performance of the Nunchuks.  Or just choke down a bit. You may find they work perfect for you with a very slight adjustment in your setup and posture..

You should find them to be solid yet smooth, You should find the ball flight consistent. You should find great feel and much easier on wrists, elbows etc. especially on mishits.

I have about 25 rounds in with mine now and absolutely love them. All my scoring clubs are awesome and my 5 iron has become my go to club.

Let us know how they work out for you.

We made them 1/2" over to get the swing weight acceptable as opposed to added weight to the head.  The initial calculation on the whiteboard was C6 at my existing length.  I choke down on all my clubs almost an inch anyway so its worked well.

Played at home yesterday.  Mishits went straighter.  Off swings still found the middle,  the result was I hit 16 greens,  on a good day i would'nt normally hit more than 13.  Probably the most solid I have hit my irons for a long time, and I got better throughout the round as I learnt to trust them.

Verdict: No doubt at all, these are worth every cent.

I tested my 6 iron 712 MB and loved it. Decided to switch the whole set 5-PW of MB and 50-54-58 Scorgolf also 913D2 driver and 913FD 3 wood. I'm waiting on 712U 3/4 irons. 1 practice round didn't take me very long to adjust from Project X Pxi 6.0. Felt the same swing weight but smoother at the impact and consistency. I'm looking forward to play them all soon!

I would be interested to know what you think of it in your wedges.  I did not do mine as I thought it wasnt the best idea, .  But after talking with my clubmaker definitely going to try it.  Just holding back for now as not decided what heads to use.

Went on another 18 holes w 6 iron and long irons only on golf course today. I am looking forward to enjoy the whole set for sure! Love my 6 iron with the shaft! Will write up about wedges after Wednesday round with whole set :)

I would be interested to know what you think of it in your wedges.  I did not do mine as I thought it wasnt the best idea, .  But after talking with my clubmaker definitely going to try it.  Just holding back for now as not decided what heads to use.

Just letting you know for two rounds, I love SCOR wedges with Nunchuk better than S400 shaft. Go for nunchuk in your wedges!

Originally Posted by Blake1

I went nunchuk xi in wedges as well. I am very happy with the results!

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!