IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by colin007

Ugh...can't they bring out some giant fans or something and blow the fog away? Lol...

Lol, that would be a lot easier than all of the portable heaters they would need to melt the snow and ice where I live.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I am just watching to see the infomercial....did you know that the adizero shoes are new and almost every pro is raving about them. Only 10 ounces and are a dream after walking a day on the course... They are so light you feel like you could fly...

It was interesting seeing how many pros were wearing the adizero shoes yesterday at the course.   I must have seen at least 20-25 players wearing them, and I only saw less than half the field since I mostly stayed on the South course.     Didn't see anyone flying though......

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I am just watching to see the infomercial....did you know that the adizero shoes are new and almost every pro is raving about them. Only 10 ounces and are a dream after walking a day on the course... They are so light you feel like you could fly...

Was that before or after the ad for stool softener.

Stool softener? You must be on the Florida network...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Clambake

It was interesting seeing how many pros were wearing the adizero shoes yesterday at the course.   I must have seen at least 20-25 players wearing them, and I only saw less than half the field since I mostly stayed on the South course.     Didn't see anyone flying though......

Euro Tour at Qatar had 'em too.

I've been seeing a ton of fat grips on the putters out there.

I noticed Super stroke is starting to air comercials on golf channel the last 2 weeks.That company will be a million dollar company before 2014 lol

Originally Posted by Clambake

I didn't say I believed it, it just seemed the only thought on why he would do this.   They were carrying an umbrella, but just never pulled it out, and Phil was looking pretty soaked.    I'm sure it was just Phil being Phil.   But sheesh, Phil, take advantage of any opportunity to feel more comfortable out there!

Sorry, it is hard to read 'tone' on the Internet.  So I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not?

I'll add... Phil doesn't seem to doing too much thinking these days.  He placed his foot squarely within his mouth last Sunday.  And to see him dripping wet because he didn't use an umbrella... Well.  That's par for the course with Phil, so it seems?

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

I've been seeing a ton of fat grips on the putters out there.

That's the new rave on tour it seems.  I noticed that too.

I've been doing the fatty for 2 years now... The Odyssey fat grip is a sweet grip

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Sorry, it is hard to read 'tone' on the Internet.  So I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not?

I'll add... Phil doesn't seem to doing too much thinking these days.  He placed his foot squarely within his mouth last Sunday.  And to see him dripping wet because he didn't use an umbrella... Well.  That's par for the course with Phil, so it seems?

No worries.    Phil is certainly an enigma.   I've heard him speak on philanthropic things here in San Diego, and he seems very intelligent and well spoken.   He is known to have a love of science and engineering, and in some of his charitable activities in those areas he is inquisitive and very involved.      And then other times he comes across as kind of a simple oaf; his recent tax comments are a perfect example, as it is hard to believe that he wouldn't expect the reaction he got from people who didn't feel quite so sympathetic to a man who has the lucky privilege of earning a fortune playing a game.

But there is no denying that he is the current golf generation version of Arnold Palmer with the fans.   While watching him yesterday, he interacted with the fans outside the ropes frequently, acknowledging every "Go Phil!" chant with a nod, a smile, or a thumbs up.   He finished up bogey-bogey, then walked off smiling and started signing countless autographs.   And he doesn't simply sign away in silence, he interacts with the autograph seekers, making a connection with each.

I heard something about another cut when the announcers were babbling on?  Any info on that?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I heard something about another cut when the announcers were babbling on?  Any info on that?

There are around 85 golfers left because so many people were grouped between -2 and -5, so there is going to be another cut after the third round.  Which is kind of funny when you think about it; people can say that missed the cut of a PGA Tour event and still stayed around to play on Sunday morning.  How often does that happen?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!