Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam Caudle

Hello from Greensboro, NC!

2 posts in this topic

New to the forum, pretty new to the game, although I played off and on for maybe a year when I was 11 or 12 I never took it that seriously. I started playing this par 3 course near me last fall and now I'm getting really into it. I still have never played a full course but am looking forward to doing it a lot in 2013. Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two here.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Welcome,

I am in the Raleigh area and have been playing for about 3 months. If you are ever looking for another & playing in the RDU area shoot me a PM.

The two best things I've learned from this forum are:

-Don't overthink it, just play golf and have fun.

- How to "hit down" on the ball.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • When is the weather "too bad" to play?
      Its the same at Stoneleigh, recovered from aerification, and the rough just loved all the rain.  Member-Guest is next weekend, fairways will be important.
    • Jr Tournament play?
      For the junior tournaments where I worked as a rules official, the parents were not allowed near the players or their balls.  They had the status of being observers or fans, nothing more.  No coaching was allowed, and certainly they did not race ahead to the area where the balls lay after a stroke.  In fact the only carts allowed for family were for those who were disabled - all others walked.  Such potential interaction as you describe would not have been allowed.
    • The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)
      Dan is the first to my knowledge to formally challenge the Talent Code, a non gifted individual who would commit to 10,000 hours of practice with the established goal of being a PGA Tour player.   Many members here that claim they want to be a pro golfer are younger kids who show some potential in the sport and are deluded or convinced into believing they have the raw talent required to become a professional.  I don't think we've had someone actually document their journey with the level of transparency Dan provided in the beginning of his "plan".   I started following him later in his plan and while I was initially rooting for him I eventually started to question his approach and commitment, as well as his transparency in his progress.  
    • Using the tee box markers?
      The player is not using equipment in an unusual manner since the  tee marker is not equipment - it is nothing more than an obstruction which is deemed to be fixed (i.e. immovable) when playing his first stroke from the teeing ground of the hole being played.  After that they are movable obstructions.   There is no prohibition about standing on an obstruction, immovable or movable, with one or both feet, when making a stroke as long as nothing is done that would constitute building a stance. As far as being a device, the all encompassing dictionary definition goes well beyond the meaning of the term as it is applied in the Rules of Golf.  A device is an obstruction, and it may be equipment if it meets that definition, but not all obstructions are equipment or devices. This is simply a case of trying to read into the rules something that isn't there.  If it isn't prohibited, then it is permitted.  I see nothing that would lead me to rule against putting one foot on or against a tee marker, provided that the tee marker doesn't move during the process.
    • Chipping from tight lies?
      I agree. Bounce is your friend. I had a pretty straight forward punch shot yesterday.  For short punch shots I like to use more of a pitch motion. An 8 iron has about 4 degrees of bounce. #NoGlide  In terms of difficult lies. I'd say a soggy fairway is the worst. I rather hit of concrete than soggy fairway. It's just tough to let the club glide when the ground has that much give to it. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Adunifon
      Adunifon
      (35 years old)
  • Blog Entries