IGNORED

PING Anser Driver Questions

Note: This thread is 4079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit this club at a range while being fit for irons. The fitter and an instructor next to me said I was hitting the club much better with less spin. I could not really tell honestly, so I'm not sure if they have a good eye or were just trying to sell me on a driver. Currently I have an SQ Dymo that I put a ton of spin on (4500). I haven't found a driver in a retail store yet that doesn't spin high for me. What's your experience with spin on the Anser compared to other drivers you have tried? Other random question, but do you think the price will go down from 400 any time soon? I.e. will another Anser come out in 2012 and bring the price down at all?

I would definitely recommend that you get fitted on a launch monitor. I am not saying that the pro you described was wrong about the spin, but he certainly has a motive for telling you that. I have heard good things about the Anser driver, but definitely go get a real fitting if you are going to drop the cash.

Speaking of cash, Ping is one of the strictest companies on what retailers can sell their clubs for. You will not see a price drop on the Anser for well over a year.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

I would be very carefull when buying anything on ebay, especially Pings. As JHWarren said, Ping is very stricked and their prices really don't drop for a long time. Hell I was just in Golfsmith today and they were selling G10 irons for the same price as G15s ($499.99 in steel). And the price of the G15s have not come down even though the G20 have been out for a while and the G25s are coming. Pings are great clubs but don't expect to get a great deal on them, and if you see a great deal, be very carefull.

Originally Posted by cooke119

I would be very carefull when buying anything on ebay, especially Pings. As JHWarren said, Ping is very stricked and their prices really don't drop for a long time. Hell I was just in Golfsmith today and they were selling G10 irons for the same price as G15s ($499.99 in steel). And the price of the G15s have not come down even though the G20 have been out for a while and the G25s are coming. Pings are great clubs but don't expect to get a great deal on them, and if you see a great deal, be very carefull.

+1. Also Ping is known for their fitting service so if I was going to buy a Ping club I would definitely want to be fitted by a Ping fitter. From people have I spoke to, you will not regret a Ping purchase, they make great clubs and as a result can sell them for their full msrp.

On a side note, while I appreciate a good deal, I must admit I am not into the ebay trend. Part of the fun of buying a new club is going to the golf store and looking at everything and picking one out, that is worth a few extra dollars to me, plus if you have a problem you can bring it back to a physical location.

Note: This thread is 4079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!