IGNORED

In need of new Irons!

Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you thought about just restoring your old irons? Maybe getting them bent, adjusted?

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

Unless they can adjust them with some forgivness, I don't see the point.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Haha. I hear ya.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

If you are looking for different irons I would pony up for the new ones. Remember this little riddle before buying clubs "Try

If you pony up for NEW ones you'd better get a professional fitting!!! And I'm not talking about Golfgalaxy or Dicks like I'd guess the ramler did! I'm talking about going to a Certified Club fitter. PCS. You go pay retail for clubs off the shelf like the rambler did and in a few months I'll be buying his at half the price!!!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I say go with what you like. If you like the feel of the Titliest's go with 'em.

As far as fitting goes, I agree 1000%. I would argue an off the rack $300 set + a visit to a clubmaker is worth more then a $900 otr set with no fitting or a static fitting based on measurements. Getting clubs fit to you is the best way to go.

You might even look into getting a full set of Irons built by a fitter. The option to insert ANY shaft and ANY head combo is really nice and the prices should be comperable to buying an OTR set of nice irons.

Most pro fitters will meet you at the range, provide several demo clubs, watch your swing and stance, distance etc. and then tell you why they reccomend a certain fit.

Given that you seem in the market for mid/high end sticks, why not get fitted out? At the very least, you can tell him you want a certain set and then he can tell you what sort of shafting options are available etc. etc.

Off the rack is by no means bad, but if you're going to invest several hundred dollars, why not spend 20% more and get clubs that fit like a glove? Just my opinion anyway.

PS, if you're looking for game improvements, for some reason I favor Cleveland. Just personal preference though, no actual scientific reason to supprt it.

As far as online (ebay) the place is good. 3balls golf is reputable, as is rock bottom golf (and their online site, rockbottomgolf.com). Stick to guys with real feedback, several years of selling on ebay and no less then 98% feedback and you should have no worries. Also try Callaway's pre-owned. They also sell on Ebay and provide their moneyback guarantee for online and Ebay purchases.

Good Luck!

Hi-Bore W/ Aldila NVS-65 (Stiff)
R5 Type N (TpConv), W/ Graphite Design YS-6+ (Stiff)
TA-5 Gumetal 5-PW, W/ Stock TA-5 Graphite shafts (Stiff)
588 Becu SW, LW, GW W/ True Temper S300 shafts
21* & 24* Viper Hybrids W/ UST proforce 65 shafts (Reg) R7 Ti 3 Wood W/ Re-Ax 60 Graphite (Stiff) Pal2...

Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!