IGNORED

High loft driver

Gofas
Note: This thread is 3882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This 12* G20 has made a difference in my game fairly quickly.  At least I don't have fear when standing over the tee shot anymore.  While they're not all spectacular, the shorter shaft, higher launch and low spinning head have me knowing that with just a few more rounds to get accustom to it, My fairway numbers should be getting a lot better.

Posting my launch monitor numbers from golfsmith.

the monitor numbers I don't think show the excitement that I am having this new driver in play. So it turns out my average total distance gain is 5 yards! seems like so much more of an increase while out on the course.  Well anyway here are the numbers for the folks that get into this type of stat and averages

Ping G20 10.5 paired with slightly over-weight 218# dude getting grey and feeling the cold days.

Club head speed:  91.5    increase from last time of 2.5 mph

Ball speed:  134

Launch Angle: 13.82

Side Spin:  -1172        this mean draw/hook?

Back Spin:  2233

Carry:  217

Total Distance: 245

Im just getting into what these numbers mean and my guess is technique is the only way at this point to get better. So now my driver total distance is 5 yards past my rbz 3, mission sorta accomplished for now :)

oh yeah and have a precision table/miter saw to get rough measurement on club loft. just to cure curiosity sake.

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

The Ping I purchased as it turns out was the last in the store. Well i finally found a 12 degree for same price of 150 at another store. they will mail it to me cause im heading back home after 2 1/2 months of remodeling a home in Atlanta.  According to the numbers the 12 degree might be the better choice.  Im happy with the 10.5 at the moment after 2 rounds here in Atlanta at Mystery Valley 6300yards from the whites.

if the 12 degree works better on the course i'll use it and either sell the 10.5 or learn to get club head speed up. It sounds like I could use a little more launch with slightly more controlled swing speed of my original 90 mph.

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

I believe launch angle and backspin is fairly low for your swing speed - the 12 should get you more launch angle and spin to get you more carry. See if you can jump on a monitor with a 12 and have them check the loft. Depending on the results, you might have Ping digitally loft one for you.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Gofas

Posting my launch monitor numbers from golfsmith.

the monitor numbers I don't think show the excitement that I am having this new driver in play. So it turns out my average total distance gain is 5 yards! seems like so much more of an increase while out on the course.  Well anyway here are the numbers for the folks that get into this type of stat and averages

Ping G20 10.5                 paired with slightly over-weight 218# dude getting grey and feeling the cold days.

Club head speed:  91.5    increase from last time of 2.5 mph

Ball speed:  134

Launch Angle: 13.82

Side Spin:  -1172        this mean draw/hook?

Back Spin:  2233

Carry:  217

Total Distance: 245

Im just getting into what these numbers mean and my guess is technique is the only way at this point to get better. So now my driver total distance is 5 yards past my rbz 3, mission sorta accomplished for now :)

oh yeah and have a precision table/miter saw to get rough measurement on club loft. just to cure curiosity sake.

Those numbers seem high for 134 mph ball speed. None the less, the launch is really low for such little back spin, im pretty sure if you could get your launch angle to 17-18 deg you will pick up about 10 yards of carry. You might loose out on roll after the ball lands with a higher launch but it might be worth the trade off.

hit them Long and straight!

• 7 months later...

Where I'm at with my driver for the 2013.

went from the tour burner 10.5

RBZ 9.5 regular

burner 12

Now I swing like a bat out of hell with a 9,5 tour burner stiff.

average drive 260+

good drives are 300+

been through more swing changes since last year, it never seems to end.

I LOVE GOLF!

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

Note: This thread is 3882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!