IGNORED

Which well-struck golf shot gives you the most joy?

$2 Nassau
Note: This thread is 6130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So what is it?

For me, it's a crisp 7 iron. There's something about that club, I don't know what it is. Sure, it's nice to hit a long drive but that doesn't really do it for me.

I love when I hit the 7i solid and the ball just jumps off the club with penetrating trajectory, dead straight at my target. Hearing that unmistakeable "crack" of the ball coming off the club. I don't know why but that really puts a smile on my frace.

I wish it would happen more often.

For me its a my 6i. When I hit it, it has that nice rising trajectory and just drops right in on target nice and soft. I don't get to hit it too often because there aren't many holes where after my drive I'm still 200 out.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

70 yard sand wedge from the fairway. Take in fairly low, watch it bounce once and bite like a fat lady on a donut. It's my favorite shot in golf. It gives me such a charge when I do it well.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Hitting the green in two on a par five or with my second on a long par four with a long controlled fairway wood or hybrid - now that's cool!

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

For me its a my 6i. When I hit it, it has that nice rising trajectory and just drops right in on target nice and soft. I don't get to hit it too often because there aren't many holes where after my drive I'm still 200 out.

200 yards with a 6 Iron? I'd have to hit that sucker twice! Just how far do you hit your driver?

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Have to go with the 7-iron as well with a close second being a 30-40 yard pitch shot that bounces twice then checks within a foot of the hole.

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

So what is it?

Any well-struck golf shot gives me a lot of joy. The most satisfying are chip-ins, long putts, and 300 yard bombs down the middle.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

sky-high pitches that land soft within 2 feet of the cup. pitch-marks that look like craters, where there's no visible dirt just a deep indentation on the green. damn i love that.

i love a great drive any day, but i like the finesse aspects of the game.
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

There's just something about a well hit 3W off the deck that does it for me (my hybrid has to fill that gap at the moment, 'cos my 3W is in another country, it's nice but not quite the same). Although a nice 5 iron that bites the green from 180 out is a pretty nice feeling as well.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Titleist 585.H 21 DG S300
Mizuno MP-FLIHI 4 DG S300
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

Chip shot with my sand wedge from 50-70 yards that checks up next to the cup.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Anything that goes in the hole.

INTHE BAG(today)

SandWedge 1200GE

Lots of Hope!

Still believe there is no better feel in golf than puring your driver down the fairway.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I'd have to say a solid 7i. Goes around 165, checks around the hole. It's a great club.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I don't play it that often but a big slicing fade with my 3 iron. I remember about 3 weeks ago on the first hole I had a poor tee shot off to the right. This was a par 5 so I had about 235 yards left to the green and I had a tree about 30 yards in front of me. This was a perfect set up for a big fade. I couldn't have hit the ball any better. The ball worked back and ended up just on the front of the green. 2 putted for birdie.

Same day different par 5 I had the same situation. Hit another perfect shot and ended with the same results.

So I would say that is the most enjoyable shot for me (when it is executed properly) because I have just started practicing moving the ball from left to right and right to left.

Driver : SQ Sumo 5000 9.5˚ VS 65 proto
3 Wood : V steel
Irons : MP-32 3-PW
Wedges : R-series 56˚ & 60˚
Putter : Tri-Force 2Ball : Pro V1x

I'd have to say a solid 7i. Goes around 165, checks around the hole. It's a great club.

Any 7 iron I hit 165 yards would be 30 yards over the green.

INTHE BAG(today)

SandWedge 1200GE

Lots of Hope!

It would have to be driver or my hybrid for me. I ususally hit both well, but it still gives me more joy to smash a ball off of either.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Note: This thread is 6130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!