IGNORED

Hero to Zero (Please don't flame)

kiahughesy
Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is there any chance for a 38 year old to go from 12 to +3 handicap?

• Yes - I have done it.
    • Yes - but the practice is going to kill you.
    • Yes - however you need to be better than +3 to go to qualifying school
    • No - Just no you are not going to make it Give up
    • No - Just not physically possible at 38
    • Maybe - if you set your sights for senior tour and practice from now until then!

Originally Posted by kiahughesy

I am ultra ultra competitive.

I don't practice enough at present (around 100 balls a day when motivated).

Right there is your problem.,  If you have to be motivated to hit 100 balls a day you will have a hard time getting to single digits, IMO, let alone scratch or plus territory..  Your competitiveness doesn't translate into motivation to practice, which is the only way you are going to see significant improvement.  And that means a lot more than 100 balls a day.

Come back in a year and let us know how it is going.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been a single figure golfer since I was a junior, got down to 2 handicap at the age of 35 where I remained for 10 years sometimes down to 1 for a few weeks, in September 2011 I finally reached Scratch and have managed to maintain it since now aged 46! I do not yet feel I have reached by peak in golf and always trying to improve. My short term goal is + whatever I did get to +0.4 last season, my long term goal is European Seniors Tour Qualifying School.

So my answer would be if you are 12 handicap at the moment there is a long way to go to get below 5 never mind scratch or +, if you are dedicated then I think Seniors Tour maybe a goal but an outside one, but hey go for it ! and Enjoy the ride!

i wish you nothing but luck and lots of hard work.

i will be taking the no effing way he gets to 0 much less +3 side of any all bets people want make!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!