IGNORED

List your favorite piece of golf equipment!

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Easy, my range finder.  Best item in the whole bag.

(next is a top I bought at my college course)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I like golf "stuff".

The irons and putter in my sig have been with me for 35 years, and my main wedge about 20. I recently aquired a  full leather cart bag  at a bargain. I have been playing mostly vintage clubs lately, meaning wood woods. Each one is unique, so when you find one that works, it becomes sort of special. The ones in my sig are becoming pretty reliable.

I picked up a nice set of Macgregor VIP 90-92 remakes a few months ago, but haven't played them yet. They need grips before being played. If they play as good as they look, they might become treasured.

I have several little items like ball markers and repair tools that were given to me by my kids, and of course those are cherished.

I'm curious, have you ever considered more modern gear? I think it's cool that you play old clubs, and I can imagine how educated your hands are after using the same wedge for so long. There is something to be said for the distance gains in modern tech though.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

It varies.

I am a fan of neat items with some sentiment to them - like many of you have already mentioned with divot tools and ball markers.

Then there is always that one club in the bag that seems to play better than the rest. A driver that fits. A wedge you can swing "on automatic."

Currently, I have my scorecard from a recent round at Torrey Pines South. Played for the first time since the late 90's, and with a life-long friend. An excellent afternoon; my avatar is the signature #3 par three from that day. The smartphone camera doesn't do justice to the amount of descent to that green.

Not quite equipment, but close enough. Good idea for a thread.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

I'm curious, have you ever considered more modern gear? I think it's cool that you play old clubs, and I can imagine how educated your hands are after using the same wedge for so long. There is something to be said for the distance gains in modern tech though.

I have some stuff that is a little more modern, but the newest items are probably 5-6 years old, that being some Callaway hybrids. I also have a Titleist 905T driver, and an old Taylor 360 Ti with a Proforce shaft. I have some Titleist DCI irons from 1992. They are not the latest, but probably not to far behind except for the SGI type irons. I also have a number of newer wedges. I agree that there is more forgiveness and distance available-I have hit some up to date stuff from my buddies' bags. I put this stuff in the bag for the rare scramble where I feel obligated to contribute, and usually play a couple of re-acclimation rounds prior to. Yeah, I can hit those Callaway hybrids(which I love by the way) the same or more distance than my 1-3 irons, and easier, but that isn't the point.

At a 14.9 hcp, I am not a "blade snob" or anything, I just simply enjoy playing with the blades and lumber, similar to the way some hunters like to use archery or primitive weapons in preference to modern firearms, or some fishermen prefer the manually operated fly reels. I like the feel of a well struck persimmon or blade (even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn) and at the end of the day, my score isn't more than a couple of strokes different. Plus, those old Staffs were a gift from my father and have some sentimental value. I plan to play in an indivdual stroke play tournament next season using vintage gear.

Try it sometime, you might get hooked.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

At a 14.9 hcp, I am not a "blade snob" or anything, I just simply enjoy playing with the blades and lumber, similar to the way some hunters like to use archery or primitive weapons in preference to modern firearms, or some fishermen prefer the manually operated fly reels. I like the feel of a well struck persimmon or blade (even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn) and at the end of the day, my score isn't more than a couple of strokes different. Plus, those old Staffs were a gift from my father and have some sentimental value. I plan to play in an indivdual stroke play tournament next season using vintage gear.

Try it sometime, you might get hooked.

Yeah, and they are a heck of a lot quieter to boot.

BTW, I have a few friends who still use the Ping Eye2 irons.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I've had my Golfsmith putter for probably 25+ years. Keep trying to get rid of it, but it keeps finding it's way back in there. It's a love / hate thing. Right now it's just infatuation.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Have had a See More putter for over 15 years.  Only putter I have ever had and still enjoy it.....It is a mallet type with no offset of the shaft...I just like the way it looks and feels...putts pretty good--at times :)

Roy

My favorite, a really old ping putter that was my dad's who has passed away.  When you putt the ball it sounds like a tuning fork, (the pitch is an F5). [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/111038/] [/URL]

That's really cool! I have a vintage Ping Anser putter that I purchased on eBay for almost nothing. My 9 year old son and I polished it and got it looking fantastic. It's currently my favorite item and I hope to pass it on to him one day.

• 2 weeks later...
My Ping O-Blade putter. It's pretty beat up from being abused when I was a youngster but my dad bought it for me and it's been in my bag ever since. Love you dad and see you at the great gig in the sky someday.

:tmade: SLDR Driver 9.5* (Loft Down!:-P) :ping: i20 3 Wood 15* :tmade: Jetspeed 3 Hybrid 19* :tmade: Jetspeed 4 Hybrid 22* :mizuno: JPX-EZ Forged 5 - GW SCOR SW & LW :ping: O-Blade putter

I'm not very endearing to anything in the bag right now, Driver I like but have not found the groove yet I think that may be soon or at least I hope, the hooks are slowly going away every week and by this summer I want that club to be money. Putter has been failing me but I feel it's just as much me as anything else so I need to keep working at it. I think I like my Garmin the best right now it's just so darn easy and convenient.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

My tee caddy... its a cool invention from the uk that fetches your tee after each shot  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g7wg4V41KM

Ha ha, I love it!

l don't have one favorite piece though, maybe my putter, even though I suck with it.

2 clubs have me hitting the ball at 63 as long as I did 10 years ago - the 460cc Driver (G15) and the hybrid (I carry the 2h thru 6h).  I was never the longest hitter in the group but a typical drive is now 220 - 235, with an occasional shot that is well over 250.  From 215 out I can reach the green with the 2h (carry and some wicked roll) and am typically in the vicinity off the green - that used to be a very low % 4 wood.  Technology has extended the game for many of us, but given the ridiculous length many of the pros have I hope we are reaching our limit - let's see what the USGA does.

Has to be my Yes! Stephanie belly putter. Doesnt make me put any better but its a great "conversation" starter :whistle:

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• 2 weeks later...

Has to be my Yes! Stephanie belly putter. Doesnt make me put any better but its a great "conversation" starter

Ha, Ha, we have a buddy with a Yes Stephanie regular length putter. It does start conversations between all of his playing partners and between him and Stephanie when she says "NO". Seriously my favorite piece of equipment is my Bushnell Z3 laser range finder, I can't imagine playing without it.

• 2 months later...
Game golf definitely. If nothing else it leaves you with a nice memento for your round on a course you might only play once. I find on days where you might have a bad start and would maybe not try has hard for the rest of the round, game golf actually helps you keep trying because you don't want to effect or skew your stats too badly or maybe that's just me being a bit sad!!

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!